great place to intern

Current Employee - Intern in Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Intern in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at The Hartford

Pros

This place is great to work. They is always something new to learn and everyone is here to help. the pay is also a plus

Cons

there are really no cons for the money your being paid. this is a great internship that gets you in the door.

Advice to Management

at least in my office the management is great. they are open and helpful. just keep doing what you are doing

reviews filtered by
  1. Comfortable, Secure Place to Work

Current Employee - Consultant in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Consultant in Hartford, CT

I have been working at The Hartford

Pros

I've found The Hartford employees to be wonderful co-workers in a relatively laid back atmosphere. Most people remain with company for most of their careers. Benefits and salary are decent, and I've never felt that my job was in jeopardy. Vacation time is sufficient (everything is in a PTO bank, no differentiation between sick time and vacation time) with the option to purchase one more week a year during benefits elections.

If you are relocating, The Hartford offers a great relocation package for more experienced positions.

Cons

Although there is definitely potential for upward movement, sometimes it feels like you are fighting a losing battle with more senior co-workers.

Little to no opportunity for non-sales positions outside of Hartford, CT.

On-site amenties are lacking in my opinion. Childcare would be a great addition.

Advice to Management

Do more team building activities in the workplace and/or during work hours. Incessant happy hours do not fulfill this need for people who don't drink, have long commutes (as many in CT do), or simply want to spend their time off with family.

2. Good Place

Current Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at The Hartford

Pros

-Good Management
    -Encouragement of Work/life balance
    -Good Benefits
    -Good communication and relationships

Cons

-Pay as compared to other companies is not the best
    -Some politics in the happend in the new york city office last year where a bunch of senior leaders left. However new management was appointed and the division rebuilt moral.

Advice to Management

HIre people based on qualitifcations, not just becuase they are already a Hartford employee.