There are newer employer reviews for The Hartford

Notable increase in workload and decrease in compensation after the recession.

Current Employee - LTD Analyst in Alpharetta, GA
Current Employee - LTD Analyst in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at The Hartford

Pros

Coworkers and management in the LTD department are great to work with. Real positive attitude.

Cons

Each department has a different business culture from good to... not so good. Also, after the economic slow down, the company has notably increased workload and decreased compensation.

Advice to Management

Increasing work without compensation can only go so far without breading discontent.

reviews filtered by
  1. Terrible Environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ

I have been working at The Hartford

Pros

The hours are flexible and the workload is light. Most people are friendly and since the work is mindless, there is really no stress at all.

Cons

This is the worst possible position for anybody interested in learning and advancing their career. Everyone is miserable and the management micro-manages and treats people like they are children.

Advice to Management

Have some level of faith in your employees. The competent employees should not be treated as children because management has made bad hiring decisions in many cases.

2. Comfortable, Secure Place to Work

Current Employee - Consultant in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Consultant in Hartford, CT

I have been working at The Hartford

Pros

I've found The Hartford employees to be wonderful co-workers in a relatively laid back atmosphere. Most people remain with company for most of their careers. Benefits and salary are decent, and I've never felt that my job was in jeopardy. Vacation time is sufficient (everything is in a PTO bank, no differentiation between sick time and vacation time) with the option to purchase one more week a year during benefits elections.

If you are relocating, The Hartford offers a great relocation package for more experienced positions.

Cons

Although there is definitely potential for upward movement, sometimes it feels like you are fighting a losing battle with more senior co-workers.

Little to no opportunity for non-sales positions outside of Hartford, CT.

On-site amenties are lacking in my opinion. Childcare would be a great addition.

Advice to Management

Do more team building activities in the workplace and/or during work hours. Incessant happy hours do not fulfill this need for people who don't drink, have long commutes (as many in CT do), or simply want to spend their time off with family.

There are newer employer reviews for The Hartford