The Hershey Company

www.thehersheycompany.com

Retail Sales Merchandiser

Retail Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat Part time benefits, including vacation. Hours are excellent mon-thur 9-2. Management in my area is easy to work with. Days are spent in several stores to doesn't get boring.
Bonus yearly
Car stock and well designed materials to do our job

ConsHourly wages could be higher. RSM's are the life blood of this company and they mention that a lot. It would be nice to see them step up to the plate and increase hourly wages.
Can be a lot of driving depending on your territory but mileage is pretty fairly reimbursed.
You have to store a lot of product and material in your home. Hershey isn't very "green", they send out a lot of paper type items we either don't use, didn't ask for or send too many.
Expectation for call time is not very realistic for what they want to happen each time.
Need to technology, REX is old and challenging to work with. We should be much more tech savvy like iPads.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease find a way for better communication of what an RSM needs to do their job successfully and what items your sending their way are not being used. I recycle so much of what I am sent. Ask them or let them order it themselves.
Giving us a phone allowance like the RSR's get, we do use and pay for our personal cell phones. There is not way around it.
More timely communication around importan issues, especially with things like P2 and P3 or other larger volume promotions

Good experience

Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) Portland, OR

I worked at The Hershey Company full-time for less than a year

Pros: good compensation good experience as far as learning how to interact… Cons: Training varies widely from team to team No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Very good company with many talented and helpful employees

Category Management Intern (Former Employee) Hershey, PA

I worked at The Hershey Company as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Excellent pay with many talented employees. The company has… Cons: Most of the opportunities to travel generally are in the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on The Hershey Company.

Worked for The Hershey Company? Contribute to the Community!