The Hershey Company

www.thehersheycompany.com
  www.thehersheycompany.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Hershey Company

Employees are not true contractors.

Former Employee - Desktop Support in Hershey, PA
Former Employee - Desktop Support in Hershey, PA

I worked at The Hershey Company full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Employees are not true contractors.

Cons

Employees are not true contractors. Prado.

n/a

175 Other Employee Reviews for The Hershey Company (View Most Recent)

Retail Sales Merchandiser

Current Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in Chicago, IL

I have been working at The Hershey Company part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Part time benefits, including vacation. Hours are excellent mon-thur 9-2. Management in my area is easy to work with. Days are spent in several stores to doesn't get boring.
    Bonus yearly
    Car stock and well designed materials to do our job

Cons

Hourly wages could be higher. RSM's are the life blood of this company and they mention that a lot. It would be nice to see them step up to the plate and increase hourly wages.
    Can be a lot of driving depending on your territory but mileage is pretty fairly reimbursed.
    You have to store a lot of product and material in your home. Hershey isn't very "green", they send out a lot of paper type items we either don't use, didn't ask for or send too many.
    Expectation for call time is not very realistic for what they want to happen each time.
    Need to technology, REX is old and challenging to work with. We should be much more tech savvy like iPads.

Please find a way for better communication of what an RSM needs to do their job successfully and what items your sending their way are not being used. I recycle so much of what I am sent. Ask them or let them order it themselves.
    Giving us a phone allowance like the RSR's get, we do use and pay for our personal cell phones. There is not way around it.
    More timely communication around importan issues, especially with things like P2 and P3 or other larger volume promotions

Conservative and Close Minded Company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hershey, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hershey, PA

I worked at The Hershey Company full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Salary, room for growth, nice benefits and perks.

Cons

I had a very negative experience during the brief time that I worked at Hershey. During the interview process, which was very lengthy, I thought it would be a good fit. However, shortly after started, I realized that the majority of my co-workers were religious/political conservatives who had no tolerance for anyone different from themselves. Many of my co-workers had been recruited from the local Christian college and their values reflected a small-town mentality of religious intolerance and bigoted beliefs. I had one co-worker make negative comments about both hispanics and muslims. I was disgusted to work there, and preferred not to socialize with my team on business trips because I did not agree with their way of thinking on anything. They quickly realized I wasn't one of "them" and looked for a way to get me out of there. They succeeded and found a silly reason to let me go - however, I'm so grateful in the end because I was not happy being part of that environment and would like others to know this ahead of time, what the company culture is like - if you aren't like that, stay far far away.

There are newer employer reviews for The Hershey Company