The Hershey Company

www.thehersheycompany.com
  www.thehersheycompany.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Hershey Company

Discriminatory----White males need not apply

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative
Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative

I have been working at The Hershey Company full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Company car
-Independence (field sales)
-Somewhat decent starting salary
-Benefits

Cons

-Poor, poor sales management from District Sales on up.
-Female dominated sales management culture that (surprise!) only likes to hire young females right out of college for Retail Sales Rep roles. Recently saw a new RSR hired on whose only job experience had been selling clothes at the mall.
-Discriminatory promotion of female sales reps over men. Take a look at linkedin and you'll see what I mean.
-Have been flat out told by management that the company will hire an underperforming female over a male because it "makes us look more diverse".

Keep it up....You're looking at a class action lawsuit and you know exactly what I'm talking about. Reverse discrimination is ugly and a group of us have the stats on who you are promoting and hiring. I have sat in on interviews with experienced CPG sales professionals that are getting beat out by young, just out of college females with no sales inclinations whatsoever. Also, I'm seeing nothing but those same women getting promoted over better performing male colleagues. C'mon.

175 Other Employee Reviews for The Hershey Company (View Most Recent)

Loved working with my accounts but not with management

Former Employee - RSR in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - RSR in Denver, CO

I worked at The Hershey Company full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits and company car. Enjoyed working with most of my accounts. All the candy you could ever want.

Cons

Continual changing of direction and culture. Major issues from entire team with DM with very little response from upper management. Very high turnover in the district and low morale didn't prompt change; however, numbers finally grabbed the attention of the office and that prompted change. Too little, too late. Many quality representatives had already either left the company or were fired for various bogus reasons.

Work on developing a positive corporate culture because the one that exists just stinks. The field sales team is an integral part of the organization and morale just keeps getting lower and lower. Something must be done to turn this around.

A solid company to work for

Former Employee - Retail Coordinator in Hershey, PA
    Former Employee - Retail Coordinator in Hershey, PA

I worked at The Hershey Company part-time (more than an year)

Pros

They gave you the opportunity to work hard and set reasonable goals to be accomplished, they (for the most part) respected people and treated them as individuals, they were a very successful company and nice to have on a resume, they had a fast-paced atmosphere.

Cons

Difficult to advance along with potential. Micromanaged at times -- less autonomy than I would have preferred. Pay is dictated more by experience than results.

Fix those cons!