(Intern) Stagnant Opportunites / Management Issues

Current Intern - Engineer Co-Op in Hershey, PA
Current Intern - Engineer Co-Op in Hershey, PA

I have been working at The Hershey Company as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Salary New Facility - Equipment Constantly being upgraded Friendly Co-workers Team Resources Experience

Cons

Management Commitment and Knowledge (Mostly Veteran Hires w/o Experience) Employment Opportunities - HR Disconnect from Plant Corporate Disconnect from Plant Stress - Demanding Environment Excessive Mandatory Overtime Future Outlook - Inevitable Buyout (The way it's going)

Advice to Management

Try to connect those working on 'the hill' to those working in the plant. A lot of excessive project money is thrown around without actually knowing where it is going. Seems like Hershey lost touch of what it originally set out to be. After this recent expansion, many of the employees feel that the company will not exsist in 50 years. Poorly designed 'Next Century Project'. J.P. made his career selling water so you get the sense of where Hershey is going..

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

This is NOT The Sweetest Place on Earth

Current Employee - Manager in Hershey, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in Hershey, PA

I have been working at The Hershey Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It looks good on your resume if you can stay employed long enough. Senior Management don't know anything about the work they are managing so they run through employees every few months. One position has had eight people in it the last five years! It's so upsetting to see these men demeaned like this. It's upsetting to those of us they make play along.

Cons

Too many to mention 1) During the lengthy and disorganized hiring process they offer you a job that doesn't exist. I moved here for a job that I never got to do. I was relegated to jobs that were years beneath me or areas of expertise I have never seen, then put on a "Plan", I got sick and they fired me. 2) When they are done with you, you are a nothing to them. They don't care about your life or how much damage they have done to it. 3) Its all about protecting the Directors who are incompetent

Advice to Management

Its not wonder there are class action suits against you. If Mr. Hershey were alive today, I just can't imagine how disgusted he would be with your performance and lack of humanity. Child labor? Really? Was that Mr. Hershey's vision. The way you treat people that have entrusted their lives to you is so egregious you should be ashamed. Oh and you hatred for While Males over 50...why even interview them. Or do you just enjoy making their life a living hell and firing them?

Discriminatory----White males need not apply

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative

I have been working at The Hershey Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Company car -Independence (field sales) -Somewhat decent starting salary -Benefits

Cons

-Poor, poor sales management from District Sales on up. -Female dominated sales management culture that (surprise!) only likes to hire young females right out of college for Retail Sales Rep roles. Recently saw a new RSR hired on whose only job experience had been selling clothes at the mall. -Discriminatory promotion of female sales reps over men. Take a look at linkedin and you'll see what I mean. -Have been flat out told by management that the company will hire an underperforming female over a male because it "makes us look more diverse".

Advice to Management

Keep it up....You're looking at a class action lawsuit and you know exactly what I'm talking about. Reverse discrimination is ugly and a group of us have the stats on who you are promoting and hiring. I have sat in on interviews with experienced CPG sales professionals that are getting beat out by young, just out of college females with no sales inclinations whatsoever. Also, I'm seeing nothing but those same women getting promoted over better performing male colleagues. C'mon.