There are newer employer reviews for The Hershey Company

A great team environment.

Current Intern - Retail Sales Representative
Current Intern - Retail Sales Representative

I have been working at The Hershey Company as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Big company with a small company feel. Good pay. Good team atmosphere. The Sales rep job is flexible and you work on your own a lot.

Cons

A lot of time is spent in Walmart and other big retailers. You have to deal with difficult people on a daily basis. In order to move into other fields in the company, you have to basically start in sales, but the promotion process is quick.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great Company

I have been working at The Hershey Company full-time

Pros

Great group of people. Love the company and products. Exciting careers with room to grow and advance

Cons

Promotions are competitive and lots of motivated employees hungry to move up with company

This is NOT The Sweetest Place on Earth

Current Employee - Manager in Hershey, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in Hershey, PA

I have been working at The Hershey Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It looks good on your resume if you can stay employed long enough. Senior Management don't know anything about the work they are managing so they run through employees every few months. One position has had eight people in it the last five years! It's so upsetting to see these men demeaned like this. It's upsetting to those of us they make play along.

Cons

Too many to mention
    1) During the lengthy and disorganized hiring process they offer you a job that doesn't exist. I moved here for a job that I never got to do. I was relegated to jobs that were years beneath me or areas of expertise I have never seen, then put on a "Plan", I got sick and they fired me.
    2) When they are done with you, you are a nothing to them. They don't care about your life or how much damage they have done to it.
    3) Its all about protecting the Directors who are incompetent

Advice to Management

Its not wonder there are class action suits against you. If Mr. Hershey were alive today, I just can't imagine how disgusted he would be with your performance and lack of humanity. Child labor? Really? Was that Mr. Hershey's vision. The way you treat people that have entrusted their lives to you is so egregious you should be ashamed. Oh and you hatred for While Males over 50...why even interview them. Or do you just enjoy making their life a living hell and firing them?