There are newer employer reviews for The Hillman Group

It was an okay place to work, until something better comes your way

Former Employee - Order Puller III  in  Jacksonville, FL
Former Employee - Order Puller III in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at The Hillman Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great if you like a fast paced job

Cons

But not very well managed

It should always be even across the boards

21 Other Employee Reviews for The Hillman Group (View Most Recent)

To get ahead in this company you have to kiss their ass!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at The Hillman Group

Pros

It's a job......they will hire anyone off the street.The HR team has no clue what they are doing.

Cons

No room for advancement unless you conform to kissing upper managements ass. They don't have a clue how to run things and the ones that do get weeded out.

Retire............

Get in touch with your people

Current Employee - District Manager  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - District Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at The Hillman Group

Pros

Overall they are a great company, a leader in the sales of fasteners, keys, house numbers and other products. They service the small independant hardware store to the largest of companies, Lowes, Home Depot and Walmart. The have a great service force throughout the United States and a great reputation for getting things done. They have had incredible sales growth over the last 10 years and expect to be a $500,000,000 company soon. Our sales / service force has grown along with the sales increases to be one of the largest in the industry. We have gone through a lot of growth and growing pains, but the future is bright.

Cons

With the growth, there has been a lot of change in upper management and the communication down to the field has suffered. We seem to be left in the dark about changes that effect us until the last minute, then it is a rush to get information or get projects completed. I believe we are underpaid relative to the industry and chances for advancement seems to depend more on politics than preformance or ability. Management is reluctant to accept responsibility and is looking for others to blame when necessary. Bonus plans always seem like a pie in the sky and are very difficult to attain, while the company as a whole is making good money.

Listen to your people, you don't have to accept everything they say as gospel, but give them the benefit and check things out. We want the company to prosper and would like to share the wealth. If you are going to put the carrot out there, we have to be able to get to it at some point or what is the use. Communicate with your lower management and the field. Let us know what is in the future and how we can help to make it successful.

There are newer employer reviews for The Hillman Group

Worked for The Hillman Group? Contribute to the Community!