The Home Depot

www.homedepot.com
  www.homedepot.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

Unbelievable experience..... a lot of opportunity

Current Employee - Merchandising Assistant Store Manager in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Merchandising Assistant Store Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at The Home Depot

Pros

There is a great team atmosphere, best customer service experience I have ever gained and there is unlimited growth opportunity for those that work for it.

Cons

Long hours and some managers can be disorganized

The recent changes with Frank Blake have been wonderful, senior leadership seems to have a great vision... Keep it up

5494 Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot (View Most Recent)

A company that looks good on the outside but is hollow on the inside (bureaucratic business).

Current Employee - District Manager in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - District Manager in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at The Home Depot

Pros

The Home Depot has a very competitive pay and compensation package. The company does a good job of reaching out to the community and being a part of that community. The core of the company is made up of a group of people that truly care and work hard.

Cons

The company is to focused on looking good and being perceived well; which in return makes them come off as half hearted and insincere. The company also lacks the ability to find the strengths of individuals and to incorporate those skills and talents to better the company.

The upper management is out of touch with the common person (reality of the working person). The company at this time is looking for a single style of manager/leader (yes leaders) and one must march, do, act, and speak as directed. Filling one side of the boat will slow if down and in the longrun sink your ship.

Average pay, extremely flexible

Current Employee - Freight Team in Lindon, UT
    Current Employee - Freight Team in Lindon, UT

I have been working at The Home Depot

Pros

Home depot is extremely flexible with time and with what you want to do with your life. they are happy with you wanting to stay where you are or they will help you progress. They are fine with you working 4 hours a week and they are fine with you changing your schedule every week, granted it has to be in three weeks advance.

Cons

There are a few things that are really bad, one the benefits are outrageously dumb, they cost 4000 dollars a year for health insurance and the insurance has a maximum payout of 10000 dollars. also if you sign up they will not let you cancel it, the only way to stop is to quit or get fired. they also advertise tuition reimbursement which is a joke at best, in order to qualify you have to work full time and have only one restrictions, which means that you can only ask off one day a week, with that kind of schedule it would take you like 7 years to graduate because there are very few classes that are only taken once a week. But the worst thing I think is that the schedule is completely sparatic, one day you will be working morning and the next day, you can never plan around the schedule without requesting off, which if you have to do it often makes you look bad. raises are pathetic, they dont even compensate for inflation, which essentially means that every year you work there you are paid less than the year you started.

reward certain employees more, I asked for a raise and was told no not because I didn't deserve it, which I strongly did and everyone agreed, including the managers. But I didn't get it because there were employees who worked there longer than me that didn't make that much, even though they had much less experience than me. I am a lisenced plumber and make less than other employees even though everyone comes to me with questions, even the DH.

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot