There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

a good employer, dedicated to customer service and making sure employees have the knowledge and tools needed

Former Employee - Cashier in Waterloo, ON (Canada)
Former Employee - Cashier in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I worked at The Home Depot

Pros

plenty of hours given if wanted plus the chance to pick up shifts if wanted as well as training for other departments every 3 months and training for your department once a month

Cons

never scheduled with a regular routine unless your on night shift, and never scheduled the same # of hours each week

post job opportunity advancements and availabily in other departments in staff room for employees to have first chance at store openings

5221 Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot (View Most Recent)

my experience with home depot is that they only give the younger ones a chance to succeed

I have been working at The Home Depot

Pros

some of the other employees

Cons

the chance for advancement is impossible if you are a older employees. i have been with this company for a few years and only one interview for a position yet i have watched newer employees with a few month and given some of the same position as i worked.

learn to be more fair with the long time employees and give the older employees a chance to be offered some of the positions that are given to the newer employees

Better than expected

I have been working at The Home Depot

Pros

Interacting with customers on a daily basis, friendly coworkers. The company itself is great to work for for multiple reasons including the homer fund, success sharing etc etc.

Cons

The pay isn't great. The health benefits could be better. Typical retail hours, so unpredictable. Overall there aren't that many cons.

Personally , I think the home depot is doing a great job . I see their stock rise almost daily and I feel like it's a great company to work for and look forward to advancing my career.

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot