The Home Depot

www.homedepot.com

Overall it was a good company to work with.

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Rancho Cucamonga, CA

ProsGood pay, work family oriented, and plenty of support from management. The training structure is solid and well thought out. In addition, you have the ability to cross train into other departments. Also, they like to promote from within and give everyone a fair chance.

ConsThe work hours were random and hours (if part time) were based on sales of the store. At times, the company and upper management became too focused on numbers and metrics instead of core customer care values. Like most large-scale companies, they tend to focus too much on numbers and less on actual customer service.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to refrain from following the mainstream wall street mentality. Focus more on core customer service values. However, don't give the store away to the customer and be willing to stand your ground when dealing with customers who are trying to take advantage of the company.

Under cover Lies. Upper Mgmt has many faces.

HR Manager (Current Employee) Lancaster, CA

I have been working at The Home Depot

Pros: First Time opportunity, Customer Service experience. Cons: MGMT SAY ONE THING AND DO ANOTHER. DO NOT CARE… Advice to Senior Management: BE FAIR No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

UNDER-PAID

Plumbing Associate (Current Employee) Omaha, NE

I have been working at The Home Depot

Pros: helping customers and fixing problems that affect their daily life Cons: being underpaid and treated like crap No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on The Home Depot.

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!