There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

Home Depot is like family

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Kenai, AK
Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Kenai, AK

I have been working at The Home Depot

Pros

Great team environment. great to work with the community on projects. associates care about each other like a family. the company invests a lot of time in training their associates to succeed.

Cons

getting time off as a saleried associate, annual review system seems unfair. having to meet percentages of certain ratings

revise the rating sytem to NOT include requring the store to meet a percentage of o's, v's or I's. sometimes there are associates that deserve the higher rating, but there is no more room for them and they get held back.

5202 Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot (View Most Recent)

Great place to work

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at The Home Depot

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work for Home Depot is that they are very flexible with your schedule. They allow a great range of shifts to people that are just looking for part time work while their children are at school to other people wanting extra income that work 40 hours a week.

Cons

Some downsides to working at Home Depot are not enough associates on the floor at times.

Listen to associates' needs

This is not a company I would go out of my way to work for or shop at.

Current Employee - Kitchen Designer
    Current Employee - Kitchen Designer

I have been working at The Home Depot

Pros

The Home Depot Benefits are the primary reason I have stayed

Cons

Management is among the most unenlightened and dictatorial of any I have ever encountered. The company is so large that an employee is just a number. There is no feeling of commitment to the workers by the company. Stated company values are constantly ignored by all levels of management. Do not believe anything they say.

Really listen to your frontline associates. There is some amazing areas of expertise on the floor. Your managers do not know how to manage people. Without people there would be no company. Everyone feels any criticism will be met with retribution.

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot