There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

Home Depot is like family

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Kenai, AK
Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Kenai, AK

I have been working at The Home Depot

Pros

Great team environment. great to work with the community on projects. associates care about each other like a family. the company invests a lot of time in training their associates to succeed.

Cons

getting time off as a saleried associate, annual review system seems unfair. having to meet percentages of certain ratings

revise the rating sytem to NOT include requring the store to meet a percentage of o's, v's or I's. sometimes there are associates that deserve the higher rating, but there is no more room for them and they get held back.

5181 Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot (View Most Recent)

Great place to work

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at The Home Depot

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work for Home Depot is that they are very flexible with your schedule. They allow a great range of shifts to people that are just looking for part time work while their children are at school to other people wanting extra income that work 40 hours a week.

Cons

Some downsides to working at Home Depot are not enough associates on the floor at times.

Listen to associates' needs

Home Depot is a great place to grow

Current Employee - Head Cashier in Shrewsbury, MA
    Current Employee - Head Cashier in Shrewsbury, MA

I have been working at The Home Depot

Pros

Home Depot is a grat place to learn. I am constantly being given the chance to learn dfferent things. The training is top notch. I had nothing but training for a week before I began working there, and two full days after being promoted. Additionally there are monthly training and safety reminders given to all employee.

Cons

Often times people in mid-level supervisory positions have a big head and try to make names for themselves by being bossy rather then by bein effective. Also, Home Depot has a very slow rate of flushing out the deadbeat employees, in part because they do not provide thebest feedback when one of doing poorly.

Get to know your employees and their hopes for their careers within the company.

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot