The Home Depot

www.homedepot.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

Home Depot is a good company to work for.

Former Employee - Cashier in Portland, OR
Former Employee - Cashier in Portland, OR

I worked at The Home Depot

Pros

Good benefits package, superiors were fair to the employees, generous vacation policy. Safety is strongly emphasized.

Cons

Occasional early morning meetings, store manager took his stress out on me once.

Listen to your employees, work harder to solve problems.

5976 Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot (View Most Recent)

I very much enjoyed working there.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at The Home Depot

Pros

Steady work, and after a period of time I was offered a set schedule vs. one that fluctuates each week.

Cons

They seemed to hire far too many people who literally had NO experience in any construction trade... and incompetence on the job was overlooked or ignored, which created much more work for others who had to tack up the slack.

Create a culture of performance and reward vs. supervisors who find "being cool" or "being friends" with their subordinates more important than customer service.

My overall experience with THD has been positive, first and second time around.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at The Home Depot

Pros

Its a fun place to work, the benefits are good, stock options are good. The chance for advancement is also up, as long as you let them know and show them you want the job.

Cons

The hours aren't as I would like, yet I have a job. I've felt discriminated against before, because I'm really out going. Some of upper management talk down to you, like your a child.

Management, should give the employees more praise. One attack boy or girl goes a long way. They should remember that they were an employee at that level when they started. Even if they weren't they should take the time to be out on the floor seeing the employees work. Praise us on a continual basis.

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot