I very much enjoyed working there.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Las Vegas, NV
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at The Home Depot

Pros

Steady work, and after a period of time I was offered a set schedule vs. one that fluctuates each week.

Cons

They seemed to hire far too many people who literally had NO experience in any construction trade... and incompetence on the job was overlooked or ignored, which created much more work for others who had to tack up the slack.

Create a culture of performance and reward vs. supervisors who find "being cool" or "being friends" with their subordinates more important than customer service.

Other Reviews for The Home Depot

My overall experience with THD has been positive, first and second time around.

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at The Home Depot

Pros

Its a fun place to work, the benefits are good, stock options are good. The chance for advancement is also up, as long as you let them know and show them you want the job.

Cons

The hours aren't as I would like, yet I have a job. I've felt discriminated against before, because I'm really out going. Some of upper management talk down to you, like your a child.

Management, should give the employees more praise. One attack boy or girl goes a long way. They should remember that they were an employee at that level when they started. Even if they weren't they should take the time to be out on the floor seeing the employees work. Praise us on a continual basis.

A great place to work with even better benefits.

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Grand Haven, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Grand Haven, MI

I have been working at The Home Depot

Pros

By the numbers:
    1. Benefits
    2. Peers unequal to none
    3. Very flexible hours

Cons

Compensation, wages, did I say compensation..... Very high expectations in the way you consultant the customer. This level of consulting in most industries commands $50 an hour.

COMMUNICATE to employees on regular basis, not only to store management. This requires a two communication. In terms of the work flexibility, no one does it better.

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot.

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!