There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

What a motivational company.

Current Employee - Cashier in Thousand Oaks, CA
Current Employee - Cashier in Thousand Oaks, CA

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Incredibly well trained employees. If you have a question they know where to send you. Motivational programs that are like I have never seen. I did not think that existed anymore. The management goes to extremes, to create a positive environment. I am a new employee, who spent 17 years in the Grocery industry. I never saw anything like what I saw at the Home Depot in the grocery industry. This company is going to be around for a long time to come.

Cons

The only thing that I see is in the self check out. The new machines are far to sensitive in detecting items in the bags. I find my self running back and forth to ok people, because the machines don't sense anything. This takes away from the time that needs to be spent with the customers that need it. The person in self check is busy running back and forth pressing buttons so that the customer can check out that is simply buying a few light things. If the new scales were simply adjusted, the employee in self check out would be able to expedite the transactions. They would also be able to give the customers that need the attention all the attention that they need.

Advice to Management

If the new scales were simply adjusted, the employee in self check out would be able to expedite the transactions. They would also be able to give the customers that need the attention all the attention that they need. However your over all training and motivational system is amazing and unseen in many companies. I can only say that I admire it.

Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot

1. A new customer service experience.

Former Intern - Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at The Home Depot as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The management team is friendly and very helpful. You are required to complete online courses for the department you work in.

Cons

You may be required to work the closing shift one day and then turn around and help open the store the next morning.

2. Awesome company to work for

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Charlotte, NC

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great group of people you work with

Cons

retail hours , not much freedom

Advice to Management

give us set schedule