What a motivational company.

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Thousand Oaks, CA
Current Employee - Cashier in Thousand Oaks, CA

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time for less than a year

Pros

Incredibly well trained employees. If you have a question they know where to send you. Motivational programs that are like I have never seen. I did not think that existed anymore. The management goes to extremes, to create a positive environment. I am a new employee, who spent 17 years in the Grocery industry. I never saw anything like what I saw at the Home Depot in the grocery industry. This company is going to be around for a long time to come.

Cons

The only thing that I see is in the self check out. The new machines are far to sensitive in detecting items in the bags. I find my self running back and forth to ok people, because the machines don't sense anything. This takes away from the time that needs to be spent with the customers that need it. The person in self check is busy running back and forth pressing buttons so that the customer can check out that is simply buying a few light things.

If the new scales were simply adjusted, the employee in self check out would be able to expedite the transactions. They would also be able to give the customers that need the attention all the attention that they need.

However your over all training and motivational system is amazing and unseen in many companies.
I can only say that I admire it.

Other Reviews for The Home Depot

A new customer service experience.

Former Employee - Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at The Home Depot as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The management team is friendly and very helpful. You are required to complete online courses for the department you work in.

Cons

You may be required to work the closing shift one day and then turn around and help open the store the next morning.

Its a w onderful company to work for.

Former Employee - Rtv\cashier  in  Apopka, FL
    Former Employee - Rtv\cashier in Apopka, FL

I worked at The Home Depot full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great Benefits , solid company been around for 30 plus years.

Cons

have to stay on top of management to make sure your needs are met.

Listen to your employees concerns, and take into consideration to keep your employees doing the best job they can is to keep them happy. A happy worker is a productive worker.( all within reason of course).

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot.

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!