Customer Service Rep

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They have excellent health benefits including dental, medical, 401 k and tuition reimbursement. Many opportunities to move up and grow. Once you are in their system you have more opportunity to move to another department. They also have opportunities to cross train. Manager's will take the time to listen you and allow you to input anything issues you have good or bad. Great system. They treat their employees very well. The starting pay is pretty decent. Sometimes they'll have offsite social events like a christmas party. They also do an annual bonus. You can be yourself, laugh and joke around but be professional at the same time. Very relaxed atmosphere. Somtimes they have onsite events like a bbq. Another benefit is that you can wear shorts; casual dress code.

Cons

Sometimes the hours sucked. Because this is retail you could get stuck working the closing shift (9 pm or 10 pm). Again because this is retail you might get stuck working weekends. Another con about your shift is that you have to work holidays (yes including Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve- I believe they are closed on Christmas.) In the stores you will be on your feet all day! Sometimes customers can be rude but you get that at any retail place.

Advice to Management

NONE

Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot

Organized, Little HR Autonomy, Devalued HR

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Gloucester Point, VA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Gloucester Point, VA

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved working for Home Depot. The people were great. I enjoyed having weekly conference calls with the fellow HRs in my district, the initial training provided to managers, and the monthly district meetings. Communication was highly valued at Home Depot and I enjoyed that aspect.

Cons

I did struggle with having to have every termination approved after having a decade in HR, some terminations are just textbook. I also felt that some performance standards we were held for that we had little control over. I thought they valued HR until they replaced us with a telephone call-n center to a bunch of people looking textbook answers in a database that don't always apply. I also thought

Advice to Management

Provide more practical training of employees. Improve your scheduling and staffing computer system.

2. Great opportunities for advancements

Current Employee - Millworks Sales Specialist in Beaumont, CA
    Current Employee - Millworks Sales Specialist in Beaumont, CA

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Helping customers with their projects from start to finish and getting self satisfaction for helping

Cons

working schedules and rotating Weekends off for associates

Advice to Management

To improve their open door policies. Most associate concerns are usually on behalf of our customers and need management to get involved in these concerns to improve customer confidence.