The Home Depot

www.homedepot.com
  www.homedepot.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

Good company to work for

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Fort Myers, FL
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay and benefits, family atmosphere

Cons

long hours, horrible schedules you might work 5 am til 4 pm one day then 1 pm to midnight the next, split days off

5499 Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot (View Most Recent)

Given huge responsibility with great support.

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Intern in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Intern in Atlanta, GA

I worked at The Home Depot as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

As an intern I was given incredible responsibility managing my own project. My team and my manager were incredibly helpful, answering my endless stream of questoins.

We had townhall meetings with company executives every other week. For example, we had a chance to listen and talk to the CEO, CIO, CMO, and even Bernie Marcus the founder of the The Home Depot himself.

The culture is incredibly strong at The Home Depot and everything that the company does really is focused around providing customers the best value

Cons

No complains. I had a fantastic experience.

No Adivice. Great job!

A Yes man store manager ruins a great career

Former Employee - Department Manager in Opelika, AL
    Former Employee - Department Manager in Opelika, AL

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Home Depot invests time and money to train its managers and after working in retail management for 10 + years. Home Depot had the BEST management training, hands down. They foster an entrepreneurial spirit in their associates and give their management room to soar.

Cons

Home Depot piles work onto a few dependable associates and works them until they can no longer. If you work in garden expect no help from the rest of the store associates. No lighting in straw trailers or outside shining in, Pitch Black, however associates are expected to load pinestraw at all open business hours. The trailers have holes in the floors and I always feared they were a home to snakes. During summer months the lumber and garden, mainly garden carry the profitablity of the store, however payroll hours are not consistent with sales volume. They expect you to do it alone and to do it all.

When you say yes mean it. When you say no mean it! When you make a decision stand behind it. When a store manager says yes to everything it makes nothing he says mean anything.

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot