There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

I love Home Depot

Current Employee - Specialty Assistant Manager in Gig Harbor, WA
Current Employee - Specialty Assistant Manager in Gig Harbor, WA

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good Pay and benefits.I like Home depot's Values,very team driven and thereare and lots of opportunities to grow

Cons

long hours for Salaried Managers,but if you do need time off for personal reasons they generally will work around it

There is way to much paperwork that keeps mangers off sales floor working with the Associates

reviews filtered by
  1. Poor management, low pay, no working with school schedule

Former Employee - Cashier in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Former Employee - Cashier in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (less than a year)

Pros

You have a paycheck, albeit not a big one.

Cons

The management is poor. Does not help associates.
    Low pay for job.
    Does not work with schedule for school- will schedule you same day as finals and expect you to show up.

If you want to keep employees and not have such a high turnover rate, work with students schedules.

2. Abandon this sinking ship

Former Employee - Department Supervisor in Ogden, UT
    Former Employee - Department Supervisor in Ogden, UT

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This company does a lot for the community, and their Homer Fund is a nice thing for employees who face a hardship. Kids workshop is nice for the kids.

Cons

The surefire way to not get promoted is to do your job. They have stopped caring about employees and only care about the bottom dollar. They don't care how long you have worked there, and if you were to say you were unhappy and thinking about quitting, they would hold the door open for you to leave and then hire two part time workers to work for half your wage. This company used to be amazing, but I have seen it go downhill fast, and I got out. I'm so glad I did, and anyone I speak with who was smart enough to get out, has said the same thing.

My advice to the CEO is return Home Depot to what it used to be. Get rid of these so called "store-managers" who manage the store from their office and barely know their own employees names. HR is not even a presence anymore, so good luck if you have an issue with management, because everyone is friends with everyone, and each has the other in their front pocket. So if you say anything counter to what they want to hear, you might as well be committing career suicide.

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot