There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

Honestly A Great place to work. The Home Depot makes it family and community centered.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Kailua Kona, HI
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Kailua Kona, HI

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Different situations daily. Chance to help people that are working on projects to better there community

Cons

Hours can weekly. No set schedule. Seems that other employers pay more to start.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. My working experience at Home Depot was basically positive.

Current Employee - Sales Associate Hardware, Lumber & Contract Sales in Montgomery, AL

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You will receive a variety of tasks. You will encounter all kinds of customers. You can gain immense product knowledge & share a multitude of learning experiences. I like the way Home Depot attempts to run their business. The plan is very good but sometimes execution can get in the way. I learned bunches from this company. The support i received from associates was incredible.

Cons

The only downside i have is that I have failed to advance in my career. I have been employed there 6 months. I have 30 + years of retail & supervisory experience. My store mgr & asm keep saying in the Sunday meetings'" we are a great place to have career advancement, you can grow as much as you want" . Well,I applied for full time work after 2 months--no luck. I applied for career development with management training questionaire with my store mgr and human resources...no reply... FWIW... i achieved 4 homer awards and a bronze award in 5 1/2 monthes

Advice to Management

I like your approach to the customer. Your benefit package is well considering the diversity of your workforce & this challenging economy. I will miss working working at 0813. Thank you for the opportunities to gain more personal & professional development.

2. Very good company offers many career building opportunities.

Current Employee - Cashier in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (More than a year)

Pros

They work with your schedule if you are part time, you get bonuses every six months, requested days off are usually granted, you have the opportunity to move up in the company if desired, they have fun activities u can be part of such as "kid's workshops"

Cons

It is like being in high school all over again people gossip like crazy. If you are full time u practically live, eat and breath home depot. Lunches and breaks might be given late if the store is really busy. You kind of have to be an ass kisser to move up and you have to take a lot of crap from customers but i guess that is just what customer service is about