There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

My working experience at Home Depot was basically positive.

Current Employee - Sales Associate Hardware, Lumber & Contract Sales in Montgomery, AL

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (less than a year)

Pros

You will receive a variety of tasks. You will encounter all kinds of customers. You can gain immense product knowledge & share a multitude of learning experiences. I like the way Home Depot attempts to run their business. The plan is very good but sometimes execution can get in the way. I learned bunches from this company. The support i received from associates was incredible.

Cons

The only downside i have is that I have failed to advance in my career. I have been employed there 6 months. I have 30 + years of retail & supervisory experience. My store mgr & asm keep saying in the Sunday meetings'" we are a great place to have career advancement, you can grow as much as you want" . Well,I applied for full time work after 2 months--no luck. I applied for career development with management training questionaire with my store mgr and human resources...no reply... FWIW... i achieved 4 homer awards and a bronze award in 5 1/2 monthes

I like your approach to the customer. Your benefit package is well considering the diversity of your workforce & this challenging economy. I will miss working working at 0813. Thank you for the opportunities to gain more personal & professional development.

reviews filtered by
  1. A second family that goes aways at the end of the day

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Wichita, KS

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Understanding and loyal co-workers, fun atmosphere

Cons

there isnt anything really negative to say.

A happy worker is an outstanding worker! I love my job!

Honestly A Great place to work. The Home Depot makes it family and community centered.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Kailua Kona, HI
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Kailua Kona, HI

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Different situations daily. Chance to help people that are working on projects to better there community

Cons

Hours can weekly. No set schedule. Seems that other employers pay more to start.

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot