The Home Depot

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

impressions

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Freeport, NY
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Freeport, NY

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (more than an year)

Pros

i like the flexible hours, dynamic crew

Cons

sometimes it is too busy

listen and learn

5513 Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot (View Most Recent)

Home Depot is a great company and offers alot of incentitives

Former Employee - Part Time Cashier in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Part Time Cashier in Tulsa, OK

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Employees had the opportunity to earn extra money on their check depending on your ratings from customers each month

Cons

Employees could not receive employee discounts on merchandise in the store

None

My working experience at Home Depot was basically positive.

Current Employee - Sales Associate Hardware, Lumber & Contract Sales in Montgomery, AL

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (less than an year)

Pros

You will receive a variety of tasks. You will encounter all kinds of customers. You can gain immense product knowledge & share a multitude of learning experiences. I like the way Home Depot attempts to run their business. The plan is very good but sometimes execution can get in the way. I learned bunches from this company. The support i received from associates was incredible.

Cons

The only downside i have is that I have failed to advance in my career. I have been employed there 6 months. I have 30 + years of retail & supervisory experience. My store mgr & asm keep saying in the Sunday meetings'" we are a great place to have career advancement, you can grow as much as you want" . Well,I applied for full time work after 2 months--no luck. I applied for career development with management training questionaire with my store mgr and human resources...no reply... FWIW... i achieved 4 homer awards and a bronze award in 5 1/2 monthes

I like your approach to the customer. Your benefit package is well considering the diversity of your workforce & this challenging economy. I will miss working working at 0813. Thank you for the opportunities to gain more personal & professional development.

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot