Home Depot Bensalem

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The Home Depot Corporation is a great company to work for. They have been around for years and will continue to be. They tend to adapt fairly well to changes in market trends and are willing to spend money to make money.

Cons

Local management can really screw things up for you and it can take a while for the home office to catch on.

Advice to Management

Go back to rewarding longevity....

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. be careful

Former Employee - Department Supervisor
    Former Employee - Department Supervisor

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Can be fun, I like retail but management at the store level makes a big difference

Cons

The jump from associate to department supervisor is huge in responsibility and workload but pitiful in wage difference. This is across the company. Individual managers at the store can make or break your experience there. Keep a paper trail, you may need it.

Advice to Management

Listen to your supervisors, they are your middle management at the store and know more than you know. Be nice if you paid them accordingly too.

2. A job is only what you make out of it

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Coquitlam, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Coquitlam, BC (Canada)

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm sure like a every job, you will meet some people you like and some people you don't like. I met a lot of great people here and we spent time outside of work getting to know each other.

Cons

Management eventually got stingy with such things such as providing water, which was understandable because people got greedy and started taking advantage of it. You couldn't blame them for that but then they took it an extra step and stopped letting you bring your own beverage containers. That essentially meant that you had no water immediately available during peak times when you could get thirsty as hell talking to customers. DISCLAIMER: This could just be a store thing so it may not be indicative of the company as a whole.

Advice to Management

I really don't know what to tell management because it seemed like no matter what they did, people would find something to complain about people that is just the nature of retail employees.