There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

Great place to work and upper management really cares about all their people.

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Store Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Benefits, family atmosphere, great associates, awesome CEO!!!

Cons

I have no cons about Home Depot

Continue doing great things toady

5020 Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot (View Most Recent)

It would seem the company is willing to punish all the associates in order to catch the few bad ones.

Current Employee - Pro Sales  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Pro Sales in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

very capable in as far as logistics, marketing, bending over backwards to please customers.

Cons

there is quite a bit of useless training, which seems to be directed to the few who shouldn't of been hired in the first place. HR needs to google applicants names before they are hired, they would be shocked at some of the antics/offenses, which would of prevented them from being hired.

Let the managers manage and not just implement the directive of the month from Atlanta. The company is always using the one size fits all method when new requirements and sent down.

Progressively got worse

Former Employee - IT Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at The Home Depot full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

This was a very fast growing company when I began working there in the early 90's. The company had a family atmosphere and I believe everyone put the overall success of the company ahead of their own personal successes (we called it bleeding orange). The feeling was if you did what's best for the company, you would be rewarded down the road. We worked hard, partied hard, and enjoyed the fruits of our labor. We built the vast majority of our systems in house and actively promoted from within. Life was good.

Cons

When the founders (Bernie & Arthur) of the company left and Nardelli was brought in from GE to be the new CEO, the culture of the company changed completely. The list is too great for this space but some of the negatives include: outsourcing of IT staff, the replacement of FT store associates with PT folks with no product knowledge. Little to no work/life balance. In general, all processes and operations were overhauled to cut costs and improve efficiencies. Departments at the SSC no longer collaborated, but now competed with one another. Senior management ruled by fear, intimidation and were basically bully's. The GE / Walmart mentality may be good for some, but the culture shift was a complete 180 from where it was when I started. I will say that things started to get better once Blake took over.

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!