Need Leadership Change - Call Center

Current Employee - Training Specialist- HRSC in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Training Specialist- HRSC in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice individuals to work with (most of them). Geat oppurtunity for mid-level or entry level. Project oriented. Lots of work is needed to be done

Cons

Leadership Lack experience, yet they think they know it all. Very isolated from rest of compnay. not good at collaborating with other departments. Treat you like a hourly employee. Expectation is for project load is unrealistic to finish at times.

Advice to Management

Business concept must change. Build relationships. Take accountability of our department before complaining about others.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Senior Sales Associate

Current Employee - Senior Sale Associate in College Point, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Sale Associate in College Point, NY

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly work environment
    fast pace
    OK incentives
    opportunity to grow

Cons

PAY PAY PAY PAY PAY !!!!!!!!!!
    Favoritism
    Its not what you know but who you know

Advice to Management

Be more involved with new associated
    help mold those who are eager to learn
    Promote for qualifications not how much you like someone

2. Home depot eeeehhhhhh

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hired me after getting laid off from the bad economy.
    Home depots are all over they make it real easy to transfer if your are moving.

Cons

* 2 years as a electrician coming to the home depot thinking i could help the home owners which is a lot of home depots customers. They wouldn't hire me unless i took a 5$ pay cut so i told them that i wouldn't use what i know from my electrical work. Thinking they would maybe give me more $ but know they said that is fine you just have to show them where stuff is and stock the shelf.

* Most females start out making more then men dont ask me why ask the people they just hired with no product knowledge or even home improvement knowledge.

* They promise a lot like how people move up in the company real fast BS they will find someone they like for the higher up position hire them as just a regular associate 3 -4 months later they moved them up.

* No real pay raise i have asked 3 times for a raise nothing did get my .25 cent raise after my first year. They say they don't give raises and that we should think of are success sharing every 6 months as are raise. Maybe i would think of it as a raise if i was a manager or corporate getting anywhere from $20k as a manager or corporate making a million/millions for my success sharing every 6 months.

* Management is just not right they will only put you down and tell you what you have done wrong. People need the positive to keep them motivated at what they are doing.

Advice to Management

Show up to stores with out telling them most supervisors /assistant manager even managers don't even look like they work for a home depot. Just sneak in a see how some really could careless about a small customer not buying a lot and will just walk pass them no apron on not even giving them a chance.