There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

New rules limit part-time employees to 29 hours per week.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Rockford, IL
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Rockford, IL

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's good for their shareholders bottom line. Less wages equals more on the top.

Cons

I love my job and was enjoying working as many hours as were available. I have been training for other departments so I could "float" over when my department didn't have extra hours to give. That is now over. Seasonal hiring has begun again so they just add lots of part timers. It is easier to limit us to 29 hours when there are many.

I am certain that they have weighed the pros and cons of this new rule. From their standpoint it is probably a win-win solution. There will always be someone looking for part time to fill the spots.

5262 Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot (View Most Recent)

Merchandising Execution Area Supervisor

Current Employee - Merchandising Execution Area Supervisor
    Current Employee - Merchandising Execution Area Supervisor

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great opportunity for learning new skills. Set schedule with weekends off. Ability to work closely with team to help develop employees.

Cons

Tremendous amount of responsibility for inadequate pay. Difficult to be promoted within Merchandising field due to lack of opportunities and structure differences between Merchandising and Store Operations. High Stress level resulting from ever-changing job scope.

Restructure the MET organization to offset the workload of hourly supervisors. There is a strong disconnect between the amount of responsibility of a Merchandising Supervisor and an in-store Department Supervisor.

Best job I've ever had!

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Hanover, PA
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Hanover, PA

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The hours worked were awesome. The pay was excellent for Part-time, well above min. wage! Working with a small team as a MEA was wonderful.

Cons

Not allowing college kids to be employed while in school. Everyone loved me at my Home Depot but because of company policy I was not allowed to keep my job when I had to go back to college.

Keep listening to your store employees! They are the troops on the ground!

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot