The Home Depot

www.homedepot.com
  www.homedepot.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

I enjoyed the time i had there.

I worked at The Home Depot

Pros

Everyone was kind, the customers were always considerate and never rude. Amazing hours and a good starting pay were great for this.

Cons

Rude managers mostly, that may have just been me though. And I had to work 3 years for my first raise.

5531 Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot (View Most Recent)

I have had a good experience with them and there is opportunity for advancement

Current Employee - Head Cashier in Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - Head Cashier in Aurora, CO

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (more than an year)

Pros

HD gives back to the community and also gives bonuses to employees. HD also recognizes people doing a good job.

Cons

employees not coming to work makes it sometimes difficult to give good customer service. Not knowing a pay scale is difficult, when one employee doing same job makes different amount than other performing the same job.

better communication

Outside sales representative position with no rewards

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great products at great prices.

Cons

No fuel, or wear and tear, or car allowance reimbursements on your car; no reimbursements for office equipment you'll need to buy; very long hours about equal to having two full time jobs! You think I'm kidding, read the other reviews here, but I was expected to work an average of 14 hour days 7 days a week including most holidays! Low commission structure combined with expenses meant I could have worked two 8 hour shifts at McDonalds and made more money!!

I came to the table with over 25 years of successful sales experience, I know I can close more sales then most of your sales people and did so, but your company will never hire a person like myself because the commission structure isn't there to make it worth their time and expense to consider working for Home Depot. So you will waddle around with amateur sales reps losing sales that a more experience sales person would have closed. That's really sad, because your company offers great products and a great reputation I would have liked to sell, but great products and reputation alone can't make up for the low commissions, expenses, and very long hours that an outside sales rep must endure.

I rated the culture low for a outside sales rep due to the long hours needed to do the job which would take away from having any family time. And due to that and the other stuff mentioned I rated Frank Blake, CEO low for not understanding that employees need a quality of life both financially and time off. And Home Depot never told me about the long hours and days that they required during the interview or during the training program, and glorified the pay that no one was making.

I left the company after a month (not including training) of grueling work and little pay and still closed more sales then their senior sales person did for that month.

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot