There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

Huge Retail Store With LOTS To Do

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Vauxhall, NJ
Former Employee - Cashier in Vauxhall, NJ

I worked at The Home Depot part-time for less than a year

Pros

It is very interpersonal compared to other Retail companies in terms of co-workers. They have a locker room and provide you with a masterlock. A good sized break room with vending machines and kitchen area as well as a nice meeting room.

Cons

I worked in a Home Depot Super Store so having to walk from one side of building to the other was a journey. During the winter it could get fairly cold even with heating fans above.

I was a Front End Cashier and the whole idea of standing in front of your station was not very effective (at least for me). Even while greeting customers they would overlook the fact that I was in fact a Cashier ready to take care of them. Some of them would even ask if I was the cashier (since our Aprons do not specify a position) because they thought I was a supervisor or from a different department. I resigned (due to college) in good standing. I suppose specifying a position or department number on the Apron would benefit not only the customers, but the employees as well especially within a Super Store.

4916 Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot (View Most Recent)

No employee appreciation

Former Employee - Freight Associate  in  Kingman, AZ
    Former Employee - Freight Associate in Kingman, AZ

I worked at The Home Depot full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Enough to keep you busy

Cons

Only care about money, got rid of all full time employees to hire new ones at minimum wage working part time

Don't put yourself and your bonus above those that work for you

Customer Service

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Aurora, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Aurora, IL

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Always busy, time goes by fast. Unless if your having a bad day, which it is very easy to have with this position.

Cons

It is a highly involved job that does not pay well. It is not a normal retail position, you are expected to learn a lot of information and retail computer interfaces with little to no training. Even most managers that work with in the store do not know how to preform this job.

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!