Good Company, Care about the employees, good benifits

Former Employee - Garden Center Associate
Former Employee - Garden Center Associate

I worked at The Home Depot full-time for more than a year

Pros

Potential for advancement, flexible scheduling, Involved in the community. National job opportunities. Good Benefits.

Cons

Involves working holidays and weekends

Other Reviews for The Home Depot

Huge Retail Store With LOTS To Do

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Vauxhall, NJ
    Former Employee - Cashier in Vauxhall, NJ

I worked at The Home Depot part-time for less than a year

Pros

It is very interpersonal compared to other Retail companies in terms of co-workers. They have a locker room and provide you with a masterlock. A good sized break room with vending machines and kitchen area as well as a nice meeting room.

Cons

I worked in a Home Depot Super Store so having to walk from one side of building to the other was a journey. During the winter it could get fairly cold even with heating fans above.

I was a Front End Cashier and the whole idea of standing in front of your station was not very effective (at least for me). Even while greeting customers they would overlook the fact that I was in fact a Cashier ready to take care of them. Some of them would even ask if I was the cashier (since our Aprons do not specify a position) because they thought I was a supervisor or from a different department. I resigned (due to college) in good standing. I suppose specifying a position or department number on the Apron would benefit not only the customers, but the employees as well especially within a Super Store.

Good

Former Employee - BIA
    Former Employee - BIA

I worked at The Home Depot part-time for more than a year

Pros

Managers were nice and so were most of the associates.Manager allowed my schedule to change so I could attend school. Ability to advance if you work hard.

Cons

Pay could be better. Corporate gave us more tasks to do throughout the week so it made it harder to complete the tasks we HAD to complete every week. Some associate's would not do some tasks they should so it made others job more difficult.

Make sure that necessary changes are made.

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot.

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!