There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

Homedepot IT

Former Employee - Senior Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at The Home Depot full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Homedepot invests in technology. It is a good place to work with really large volumes of data and high user concurrency solutions. You will get to learn the latest technology. Has very good executive leadership under Frank Blake. Has good core values and is involved in the community.

Cons

There may be over emphasis on time to market and meeting deadlines in some teams. Some people may not like the pace and may find it stressful.

5025 Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot (View Most Recent)

Working at The Home Depot has really grown on me as a Pro Account Sales Associate, I really enjoy working with my custom

Current Employee - Pro Account Sales Associate  in  Cedar Rapids, IA
    Current Employee - Pro Account Sales Associate in Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time for more than a year

Pros

Being able to work with new customers on a daily basis and to be able to build strong working relationships with current and new Professional customers, The management in my store really backs the Pro Business which makes it an enjoyable place to work!!! With my background in the construction industry I've enjoyed teaching and assisting other associates and customers tips and trade secrets that have helped them become more familiar with the products in the store. I love that at the home depot they really do recognize people for what they bring to the table each and every day!!!

Cons

Really haven't found any myself!

Try to learn the talents and abilities of each associate and allow them to grow into the position that best fits them, Focus on the positives more than the negatives with associates and you will find that they tend to want to impress you more.

THD has been a blessing and a curse.

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Home Depot is an incredibly strong company that has numerous programs to support the community and associates.

Cons

So difficult to plan your life. Open, close, weekends, holidays...
    Customers can be difficult.

There is a huge disconnect between our District Manager and the stores. Very inconsistent! I would love to see our Regional team do some SURPRISE visits!

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!