The Home Depot

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

Homedepot IT

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Homedepot invests in technology. It is a good place to work with really large volumes of data and high user concurrency solutions. You will get to learn the latest technology. Has very good executive leadership under Frank Blake. Has good core values and is involved in the community.

Cons

There may be over emphasis on time to market and meeting deadlines in some teams. Some people may not like the pace and may find it stressful.

5499 Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot (View Most Recent)

Working at The Home Depot has really grown on me as a Pro Account Sales Associate, I really enjoy working with my custom

Current Employee - Pro Account Sales Associate in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Current Employee - Pro Account Sales Associate in Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Being able to work with new customers on a daily basis and to be able to build strong working relationships with current and new Professional customers, The management in my store really backs the Pro Business which makes it an enjoyable place to work!!! With my background in the construction industry I've enjoyed teaching and assisting other associates and customers tips and trade secrets that have helped them become more familiar with the products in the store. I love that at the home depot they really do recognize people for what they bring to the table each and every day!!!

Cons

Really haven't found any myself!

Try to learn the talents and abilities of each associate and allow them to grow into the position that best fits them, Focus on the positives more than the negatives with associates and you will find that they tend to want to impress you more.

Overall good. District teams have way too much power it goes to there head. they dont practice what they preach

Current Employee - Store Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Compensation is great. taking care of customer needs. associates are great and very hard working

Cons

no work life balance, too much direction and never completely clear. Management bonuses are 20-30k while our associates success sharing checks are 50 - 500 dollars and they do the work.

watch you back