The Home Depot

www.homedepot.com

Home Depot Cashier

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Hiram, GA
Current Employee - Cashier in Hiram, GA

Pros

Nice people. Monthly volunteer opportunities within the community. Chance to receive rewards and money based on customer service and other achievements in the store. Constantly learning.

Cons

Can be monotonous and stressful. They push you to deliver the same lines to every customer so it can take person ability out of the job since you're trying to push credit and other things onto customers

Other reviews for The Home Depot

The Employees - *They* are "The Power of The Home Depot"!

Pros

I work with some really great people!! (Always a plus - when you can work with people and really feel like you're a part of the team!)

Some of these people put their hearts, blood, sweat, and tears into what they do - and it's obvious by their amount of dedication to this company, that they really care about their job and the customers they try to help on a day-to-day basis. (In my opinion, a lot of these hard-working people are being painfully underpaid for the job they do, and for all of the hard work and effort they put in. But alas, isn't that the case most everywhere you go these days?)

Cons

Some of the cons would be that this companyt has some members in management that probably should have a bit more experience and a bit more training - (to fully understand and appreciate their roles) - before they're placed into those highly-demanding positions. (I feel that a few of these people are far too young and far too little experience to comprehend what a good manager/supervisor is all about.)

I was also shorted 4 hours on my last paycheck. (This was not an accident - as I found out that a few other employees I know were also shorted on their paychecks as well.) I know and completely understand that things are tough in this country and in this economy - but shorting your employees on the hours they worked, and not explaining and/or apologizing for shorting them, does not make the company look professional or honest.

I'm not trying to be cruel by saying this, but I just want to be honest - please remove the few unprofessional people out of management. (i.e. - Namely those who do not treat others with respect and those who do not understand the *key concept* of being a team-player.)

Also, please try to do better to ensure that the hours your employees work do not go "over budget" - so that you do not have to intentionally/purprosefully short your employees on their paychecks.

Thank you.

lots of politics, at the entry level

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Pros

fun place to work, not killing yourself unloading trucks all day.

Cons

lots of politics, bosses blame workers, workers blame workers, they dont want to hire full timers any more due to not wanting to provide benifits.

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot.

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!