There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

Home Depot Cashier

Current Employee - Cashier in Hiram, GA
Current Employee - Cashier in Hiram, GA

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nice people. Monthly volunteer opportunities within the community. Chance to receive rewards and money based on customer service and other achievements in the store. Constantly learning.

Cons

Can be monotonous and stressful. They push you to deliver the same lines to every customer so it can take person ability out of the job since you're trying to push credit and other things onto customers

5154 Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot (View Most Recent)

Great Seriously had fun, Like a family"

Former Employee - Cashier in Albany, NY
    Former Employee - Cashier in Albany, NY

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They take care of their employees. The benefits, bonuses and the overall environment. I was promoted twice in 7months. I started parttime as a regular cashier ended as a full time pro cashier. Everyone works together as a team yet you still have enough freedom to control where you go in the business, its great. I looked forward to seeing the people i worked with everyday as well as the customers. Home depot makes it so that there should be no way possible the customer is unhappy, so there is really no fall back on cashiers unless you or the customer are determined to be miserable that day =).

Cons

Not really much of a downside compared to our average retail business.

Have held various positions as department supervisor

Current Employee - Department Manager in Griffin, GA
    Current Employee - Department Manager in Griffin, GA

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good atmosphere to work in. Fun most of the time. Meet a lot of interesting people, both co workers and customers. Benefits are decent and the company takes care of there own pretty well. As a supervisor you get the opportunity to run your business and manage anywhere from 3 to 10 people depending on how many departments you have.

Cons

Biggest complaint we have are the hours and pay. As a DS you'required to have open availability which means you could be scheduled as early as 4 or 5 in the morning andwork as late as midnight. Don't take the job for money, take the job as a means to get to the next level (ASM). Sometimes management has unreasonable expectations, probably because their bosses are putting unreasonable expectations on them.

Stand up for your DS's. We're the ones that make things happen.

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot