Excellent company

Former Employee - Cashier in Oak Harbor, WA
Former Employee - Cashier in Oak Harbor, WA

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I truly enjoyed the people I worked with at Home Depot. In any retail environment there will always be customers you would rather not deal with, at least at HD the people around me made it worth while.

Cons

Obviously the customers who believe you are their personal servant. I would say the worst part would be the store meetings that were SO early. However, they did bring food and coffee so its really not that terrible.

Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot

Sales Associate- Paint/Hardware

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Nashville, TN

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Relaxed environment. Easy working with the other employees. Most management happy to help if you need it. Fair pay.

Cons

No employee discount. Middle managers/ supervisors can be unqualified sometimes. Focus on tenure more than ability when promoting to anywhere below ASM.

Advice to Management

Bring back an employee discount. Employees pay the same as the regular customers, and it damages the potential loyalty to the company. The end result is loyalty to a manager or management team and not the company itself. you should also be more discerning about promoting people. I left because one of the best managers I've worked with got transferred and replaced with one of the most inept people to ever sit behind a desk. I could never find them and the schedule went to hell. Remember, just because someone has been with the company for ten years does not make them management material.

2. Temp employee

Former Employee - Cashier in Corona, CA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Corona, CA

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Strong focus on training, 3 week schedule, choice of meal break length, 1/2 hr or 1 hr, comraderie

Cons

Insufficient training on loss prevention. Supervisors too busy