The Home Depot

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

Absolutely enjoyable!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Humble, TX
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Humble, TX

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Main Focus on customer service
Inspiration based company
Competitive pay
Benefits after 90 days!
Associates can mark down prices without manager appoval

Cons

Part time is maximum of 29 hours

Power Hours is a brilliant strategic move! Keep it up!

6005 Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot (View Most Recent)

Fun place to work

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Temple, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Temple, TX

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The associates are like family, customers come first, we can get recognized for our hard work. When a customer comes back in telling you how great their project turned out, that is what it's all about. If you like helping people and solving problems, this is a good place.

Cons

Heavy lifting, understaffed a lot of the time, mgmt always wants more out of you. My knees and back, shoulders, basically everything is really feeling the labor of this job. I have been bruised in more places than I care to count, but I don't have to do any other workouts, I get plenty on my shift. Some days I can put in 9 miles on my pedometer.

Put more focus on training, it has to be a priority. I have not had time to go take a class in months.

Home Depot allows me to use my problem solving skills to help other people for 40 hours a week, not a bad gig.

Current Employee - Department Supervisor in Amarillo, TX
    Current Employee - Department Supervisor in Amarillo, TX

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The companies philanthropy is nothing to scoff at, and in combination with the autonomy corporately allotted, one can really make something of themselves in the work place.

Cons

Well, Home Depot has the natural 80/20 rule... 20% of the people do 80% of the work, and unfortunately it's usually the bottom level associates doing the hard work. Also, sometimes the company sets unrealistically expectations, however I suspect that they do this so that if we miss, we're still in an ideal position.

Don't forget the time you spent in the aisles. Don't come to us and tell us how the graphs say that we have enough floor coverage, because you forgot what it was like to try your hardest to help 10 people have a good shopping experience at the same time.

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot