Absolutely enjoyable!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Humble, TX
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Humble, TX

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Main Focus on customer service Inspiration based company Competitive pay Benefits after 90 days! Associates can mark down prices without manager appoval

Cons

Part time is maximum of 29 hours

Advice to Management

Power Hours is a brilliant strategic move! Keep it up!

Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot

1. Home Depot allows me to use my problem solving skills to help other people for 40 hours a week, not a bad gig.

Current Employee - Department Supervisor in Amarillo, TX
    Current Employee - Department Supervisor in Amarillo, TX

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The companies philanthropy is nothing to scoff at, and in combination with the autonomy corporately allotted, one can really make something of themselves in the work place.

Cons

Well, Home Depot has the natural 80/20 rule... 20% of the people do 80% of the work, and unfortunately it's usually the bottom level associates doing the hard work. Also, sometimes the company sets unrealistically expectations, however I suspect that they do this so that if we miss, we're still in an ideal position.

Advice to Management

Don't forget the time you spent in the aisles. Don't come to us and tell us how the graphs say that we have enough floor coverage, because you forgot what it was like to try your hardest to help 10 people have a good shopping experience at the same time.

2. Good place to work

Current Employee - Lumber and Building Materials Sales Associate in Fort Gratiot, MI

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When I started at The Home Depot I loved it, the computer training they start you off with isn't the greatest but once you hit the sales floor it's a great experience. I work in lumber and building materials and it is very fast paced. Good starting pay, all my coworkers and managers are great.

Cons

I've been working here for about 7 months now and I'm noticing some issues. My hours got cut from 30-35 to about 15-20, and on top of that, they keep hiring more part timers. Aside from that though, my only complaint is the expectations. It might just be my location but in lumber and building materials you are expected to be unrealistically efficient on all the lift equipment, putting away lumber trucks and all the other merchandise all while helping customers. Closing is always a workout.

Advice to Management

Management is great!