The Home Depot

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

cashier

Former Employee - Cashier in New York, NY
Former Employee - Cashier in New York, NY

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (more than a year)

Pros

There were incentives for outstanding customer service.

Cons

Customers were allowed to return almost and anything which caused conflict at times

The Home Depot Response

Jun 17, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for your review and for helping us put our customers first. We know that your skills will help us continue to deliver excellent customer service!

5990 Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot (View Most Recent)

Non-Progressive, Favoritism, Unchallenging

Current Employee - Cashier in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Cashier in New York, NY

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Freedom to Work At Your Own Pace, Easy Work Load, Works Around Your Availability,

Cons

Constant Shifts In Hours Given/Hour Cuts, Poor Behavior By Management Towards Employees and Customers, No Training, Expectancy To Know Rules and Techniques Untaught, Lack To Management Direction, Encouragement, and Communication Towards Cashiers and Sales Associates, Unprofessional Behavior By Management Towards Staff (Language, Attitude)

More Training and Orientation, More Communication with Staff, More Encouraging and Positive Attitude Towards Environment (Customers and Employees)

The Home Depot Response

Jul 16, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for your review. At The Home Depot, we hire the best. Then we help the best get even better by offering a variety of training courses, leadership programs, mentoring programs, promotion ... More

Sweatshop

Current Employee - Department Supervisor in Alton, IL
    Current Employee - Department Supervisor in Alton, IL

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Clean and safe facilities. Payroll deposits. Availability of management. Profit sharing. Although small, dependable paycheck. Monetary customer service awards.

Cons

They are consistently trying to get by with the fewest associates on the sales floor and demanding more and more of a workload.

If you want to be the number one customer service retailer in the world put more associates on the floor, pay better wages, supervisors should have a minimum pay that's higher than any regular associate!

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot