The Home Depot

www.homedepot.com

Good Company to gain experience with.

Pros

Company has good pay and benefits. They are flexible with school schedule and offer good training.

Cons

I do not have any cons for this company.

None

Jul 16, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for sharing a review. We are happy to hear your enjoyed your employment with The Home Depot. Best of luck to you.

Other reviews for The Home Depot

I great company to work for. Great work.learning experience hands down.

Current Employee - Plumbing Sales Associate  in  Wasilla, AK
    Current Employee - Plumbing Sales Associate in Wasilla, AK

Pros

Great training and safety program. Company truly cares about all of its employees. Great potential for upward mobility and transferability if/when relocating. Excellent benefits package for full and part-time employees. Something you don't see from a lot of retail companies out there.

Cons

a lot of times finding the time to do mandatory training classes while on shift was not easy.

Maybe make the training that is required for product knowledge and the training for each particular job something an employee can access from a home computer. Time can be tracked for how long a class is so the employee can still get paid for the time they are taking for the training and it doesn't interfere with the work schedule or the time an associate is off the sales floor. Other than that I say keep up the good work!!!

Jul 16, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for your review. We try our best to provide learning events to managers and associates including classroom training, e-learning and others.

I've learned a lot

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Jose, CA

Pros

Lot of benefits, lot of opportunities, chances of grow, open positions all the time, lot of awards, events, fundraisers, bonuses, cash awards, parties,

Cons

Customers expect too much from you, need to take lot of training, lot of technical words, sometimes managers careless, deal with customer nonsense. Raise don't occur often if you do not ask for one, really strict about attendance.

Sometimes there's no impartially between employees

Jul 16, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for your review. We strive to provide excellent customer service. In the stores you’ll have thousands of customers every day with all kinds of questions. You have to know the store layout ... More

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot.

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!