There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

Good Company to gain experience with.

I worked at The Home Depot

Pros

Company has good pay and benefits. They are flexible with school schedule and offer good training.

Cons

I do not have any cons for this company.

None

Jul 16, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for sharing a review. We are happy to hear your enjoyed your employment with The Home Depot. Best of luck to you.

reviews filtered by
  1. I great company to work for. Great work.learning experience hands down.

Current Employee - Plumbing Sales Associate in Wasilla, AK
    Current Employee - Plumbing Sales Associate in Wasilla, AK

I have been working at The Home Depot (more than a year)

Pros

Great training and safety program. Company truly cares about all of its employees. Great potential for upward mobility and transferability if/when relocating. Excellent benefits package for full and part-time employees. Something you don't see from a lot of retail companies out there.

Cons

a lot of times finding the time to do mandatory training classes while on shift was not easy.

Maybe make the training that is required for product knowledge and the training for each particular job something an employee can access from a home computer. Time can be tracked for how long a class is so the employee can still get paid for the time they are taking for the training and it doesn't interfere with the work schedule or the time an associate is off the sales floor. Other than that I say keep up the good work!!!

Jul 16, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for your review. We try our best to provide learning events to managers and associates including classroom training, e-learning and others.

2. Bay Inventory Management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

I worked at The Home Depot

Pros

I honored Home Depot's goal to be the number one customer service retailer in the world. The Home Depot chant really raised the home depot spirit in our store. The Home Fund where they help associates who are in need. They donate and help communities everywhere. Employee stock available

Cons

Advancement opportunities seemed unfair or pre-selected instead of the use of proper hiring and interviewing procedures. No employee discount.

Jul 16, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for your “orange-blooded” spirit! We appreciate all of the hard work you provided to our customers. Best wishes.

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot