The Home Depot

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

so so

Current Employee - Cashier in Saint Petersburg, FL
Current Employee - Cashier in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (less than a year)

Pros

good benefits, good work atmosphere, great exposure to costumers in a sense that you can actually get involved in a good "friendship" ( i mean in a good terms)

Cons

management don't care. Just treat us like parts of a puzzle. They often singled you out and that's what's upsets me. they go after u just for fun

your up there because we are down here...

Jul 16, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Taking care of associates is one our core values since we firmly believe our associates are the key to our success. We pay competitive rates and ... More

5976 Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot (View Most Recent)

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - ASM in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - ASM in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great advancement opportunities for people without college

Cons

Stressful environment from time to time

Jul 19, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for your review. We appreciate all of your hard work and are happy to hear you have benefited from our training program. Keep up the great work!

That is the Powerless behind home depot (Met in Mesa)

Current Employee - MET in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - MET in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Paycheck, Sick Time, and never stepping foot inside after I leave.
    I also regret the $28,000 I spent in a remodel in 2006 and tell everyone about the flood damage that I had that was not fixed right and I had to file with the register of contractors.
    And that HD cheated my dead mother out of money they were going to pay her for this project.

Cons

Your training tapes are meaningless just propaganda like communist countries use to control minds . Don't talk to anyone be a robot and speak only when you are spoken to. If you are bullied expect it. If discrimination happens let it. If you see something that isn't right run the opposite direction. Never ever go out of your way to complain or suggest something is wrong or methods to improve. Go on with your life get an education and move on, take any free bee they offer like a party, speech, meeting, and just monitor your time to absorb it as long as you can.

You need continued training, I am not sure if it has to do with little education, getting positions because of who you know, or didn't have anyone else. Watch out for those skeletons in your closet prior to limiting work hours and inviting holiday hours to just a few buddies and bulling.

Sep 5, 2013Client Partner

Respect for All People is one of the core values that guide the Company’s expectations of how associates behave. The Home Depot is committed to ensuring that associates work in an environment of ... More

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot