The Home Depot

www.homedepot.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - ASM in Fort Wayne, IN
Current Employee - ASM in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great advancement opportunities for people without college

Cons

Stressful environment from time to time

Jul 19, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for your review. We appreciate all of your hard work and are happy to hear you have benefited from our training program. Keep up the great work!

6029 Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot (View Most Recent)

That is the Powerless behind home depot (Met in Mesa)

Current Employee - MET in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - MET in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Paycheck, Sick Time, and never stepping foot inside after I leave.
    I also regret the $28,000 I spent in a remodel in 2006 and tell everyone about the flood damage that I had that was not fixed right and I had to file with the register of contractors.
    And that HD cheated my dead mother out of money they were going to pay her for this project.

Cons

Your training tapes are meaningless just propaganda like communist countries use to control minds . Don't talk to anyone be a robot and speak only when you are spoken to. If you are bullied expect it. If discrimination happens let it. If you see something that isn't right run the opposite direction. Never ever go out of your way to complain or suggest something is wrong or methods to improve. Go on with your life get an education and move on, take any free bee they offer like a party, speech, meeting, and just monitor your time to absorb it as long as you can.

You need continued training, I am not sure if it has to do with little education, getting positions because of who you know, or didn't have anyone else. Watch out for those skeletons in your closet prior to limiting work hours and inviting holiday hours to just a few buddies and bulling.

Sep 5, 2013Client Partner

Respect for All People is one of the core values that guide the Company’s expectations of how associates behave. The Home Depot is committed to ensuring that associates work in an environment of ... More

Rigorous and sometimes stressful environment with strong compensation and recognition for success

Current Employee - Senior Operations Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Operations Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Strong compensation, opportunity to create wealth with stock purchase program and restricted stock grants. Opportunity for promotions when roles are met with clear success metrics. Projects can quick get visibility, which drives performance metrics more than individual contributions on daily basis.

Cons

Sometimes stressful environment, with a very quick turnaround expected on many deliveries.

Sometimes it is ok not to rush requests/demands, in an effort to get as correct as possible.

Jul 19, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for sharing your feedback. In order to help our associates retain their earnings, we offer several programs that can help build financial security. To learn more about our benefits, visit ... More

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot