The Home Depot

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

So far, so good

Current Employee - Specialty Sales Associate in Bakersfield, CA
Current Employee - Specialty Sales Associate in Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Lots of flexibility with requesting time or days off. Nice little perks like discounts on certain associate pricing, stocks. Love the Homer Fund which you pay into it with as little as $1 p/paycheck and in case of personal circumstance Home depot doubles what you've put in as well as the associates will pitch in in time of need and it'll be doubled as well.

Cons

Some of the higher ups sometimes tend to let the position get to their heads so they're harder to work with. But all in all most of them are okay as long as you communicate with them.

Some need to develop better people skills. There's a difference between commanding someone to do something rather than letting you know they spotted something that needs to be done.

Jul 26, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for your insights! We will share your feedback with others. Keep up the great work.

5529 Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot (View Most Recent)

A great company with competitive compensation and good people

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Competitive pay, mostly relaxed corporate culture -- Customer service driven. Takes care of their people. Tons of opportunity.

Cons

The stores are always right -- even when they're wrong. It can be very touchy to suggest that we do something that isn't popular with the stores.

Get rid of dead weight in the ranks. Hire the best people, retain the best people, and allow those who aren't on board to stop weighing others down.

Jul 19, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for your review. We work hard to be able to provide development opportunities to help our associates stay ahead of the curve. To learn more, visit ... More

excellent employees and customer service

Current Employee - Manager in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Manager in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (more than an year)

Pros

friendly, neat, well lite, easy to find stuff and great associates

Cons

not enough associates on the floor, pay is below poverty level. rarely does anyone make over 10 bucks.

keep your promises, promote within, recognize your workers. I recommend Home Depot to other but not at my store with current Store Manager

Jul 19, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for your response and your dedicated service. Inside our stores, distribution centers and offices, our associates create community by working together to provide the best products and ... More

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot