The Home Depot

www.homedepot.com

So far, so good

Specialty Sales Associate (Current Employee) Bakersfield, CA

ProsLots of flexibility with requesting time or days off. Nice little perks like discounts on certain associate pricing, stocks. Love the Homer Fund which you pay into it with as little as $1 p/paycheck and in case of personal circumstance Home depot doubles what you've put in as well as the associates will pitch in in time of need and it'll be doubled as well.

ConsSome of the higher ups sometimes tend to let the position get to their heads so they're harder to work with. But all in all most of them are okay as long as you communicate with them.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome need to develop better people skills. There's a difference between commanding someone to do something rather than letting you know they spotted something that needs to be done.

The Home Depot Response

Jul 26, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for your insights! We will share your feedback with others. Keep up the great work.

Terrible place to work

Garden Sales Associate (Former Employee) Conshohocken, PA

I worked at The Home Depot part-time for less than a year

Pros: Extensive training program to help learn your dept. If you don't like to work or actually help customers… Cons: Management does not care about customer service. Management and supervisors care more about… Advice to Senior Management: Focus more on the customers,less standing around talking about non… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

The worst.

Building Products (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: If your retired or just out of High School. Cons: Scheduling sucks, Late one night, early next day. Most retailers can give employees a consistent weekly schedule. (Target Walmart etc....), Home Depot keeps their employees… Advice to Senior Management: Wake up, before your dealing with union issues. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on The Home Depot.

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!