The Home Depot

www.homedepot.com

So far, so good

Current Employee - Specialty Sales Associate  in  Bakersfield, CA
Current Employee - Specialty Sales Associate in Bakersfield, CA

Pros

Lots of flexibility with requesting time or days off. Nice little perks like discounts on certain associate pricing, stocks. Love the Homer Fund which you pay into it with as little as $1 p/paycheck and in case of personal circumstance Home depot doubles what you've put in as well as the associates will pitch in in time of need and it'll be doubled as well.

Cons

Some of the higher ups sometimes tend to let the position get to their heads so they're harder to work with. But all in all most of them are okay as long as you communicate with them.

Some need to develop better people skills. There's a difference between commanding someone to do something rather than letting you know they spotted something that needs to be done.

Jul 26, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for your insights! We will share your feedback with others. Keep up the great work.

Other reviews for The Home Depot

Best company I've ever worked for except for.....

Pros

Great pay for managers, outstanding environment for hourly associates, community oriented

Cons

Supply chain is dysfunctional from a senior management level

Figure out what you are doing and make a decision on something

Jul 26, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share a review. Distribution Center associates and managers alike are essential parts of The Home Depot’s distribution network. We appreciate your feedback.

so so

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Cashier in Saint Petersburg, FL

Pros

good benefits, good work atmosphere, great exposure to costumers in a sense that you can actually get involved in a good "friendship" ( i mean in a good terms)

Cons

management don't care. Just treat us like parts of a puzzle. They often singled you out and that's what's upsets me. they go after u just for fun

your up there because we are down here...

Jul 16, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Taking care of associates is one our core values since we firmly believe our associates are the key to our success. We pay competitive rates and ... More

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot.

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!