The Home Depot

www.homedepot.com
  www.homedepot.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

Great company with good values, great place to work, really bad managers in some stores!!!

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Long Island City, NY
Former Employee - Operations Manager in Long Island City, NY

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great company, great benefits, great stock options, great bonuses, great company to build a career and make money- you can really support your family well on a HD salary.

Cons

Managers are not very educated, they don't know the business- they get promoted because "they know somebody" and as a result- they have no skills to manage, lead, teach and develop. They hold good people back from advancement, and discourage workers by their actions. They overwork the "good " workers and allow those who don't work to continue being slackers. I could go on and on... I worked for HD for over 8 years and gave up on the company due to very very very bad Management!!!

Stop being stupid, promote the people that are highly skilled and can make a difference!! It only makes you looks better in the end- and it profits the company. Corporate needs to start assessing the SM and ASM and get rid of the bad seeds. Bad management really takes a toll on the workers, and makes for some extremely difficult working conditions. The associates are the heart, the foundation of the company they make it HUM, their work makes sales, their work drives customer service not the managers!! I was a manager and my team was the driving force in the store.

The Home Depot Response

Aug 2, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We wish you had been happier with your management. We do provide an Associate Advice Council Group (AACG) for our associates to express their ... More

5494 Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot (View Most Recent)

Not the best. Management really unorganized. Store manager or Hr is never around.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Hialeah, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Hialeah, FL

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (more than an year)

Pros

you can work in more than one department.

Cons

Management team don't care about associates. There are cliques, if you are not part of it you doom. bad pay, scheduling is a joke.

Work more with the associates, we need your suport and encouragement.

The Home Depot Response

Sep 5, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We wish you were happier with your current management. Please call 1.866.698.4347 and select the option for the Associate Advice Council Group ... More

Somedays I really hated my job

Former Employee - Cashier in Slidell, LA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Slidell, LA

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I made a few friends.

Cons

no benefits, no discounts, they never gave many hours, some of my coworkers were rude, the head cashiers showed favoritism.

Give some benefits and more hours.

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot