There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

Great company with good values, great place to work, really bad managers in some stores!!!

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Long Island City, NY
Former Employee - Operations Manager in Long Island City, NY

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great company, great benefits, great stock options, great bonuses, great company to build a career and make money- you can really support your family well on a HD salary.

Cons

Managers are not very educated, they don't know the business- they get promoted because "they know somebody" and as a result- they have no skills to manage, lead, teach and develop. They hold good people back from advancement, and discourage workers by their actions. They overwork the "good " workers and allow those who don't work to continue being slackers. I could go on and on... I worked for HD for over 8 years and gave up on the company due to very very very bad Management!!!

Stop being stupid, promote the people that are highly skilled and can make a difference!! It only makes you looks better in the end- and it profits the company. Corporate needs to start assessing the SM and ASM and get rid of the bad seeds. Bad management really takes a toll on the workers, and makes for some extremely difficult working conditions. The associates are the heart, the foundation of the company they make it HUM, their work makes sales, their work drives customer service not the managers!! I was a manager and my team was the driving force in the store.

The Home Depot Response

Aug 2, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We wish you had been happier with your management. We do provide an Associate Advice Council Group (AACG) for our associates to express their ... More

5221 Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot (View Most Recent)

Department Supervisor

Former Employee - Department Supervisor in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Department Supervisor in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The team culture implemented by the store manager was the best aspect.

Cons

Expectations by corporate were unattainable.

The customer isn't always right

nice place to work

Former Employee - Full Time Pro Cashier in Waynesboro, VA
    Former Employee - Full Time Pro Cashier in Waynesboro, VA

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (more than an year)

Pros

training is good (if you get time to do any) very heavily customer based.

Cons

Starting off at 8.25 an hour sucks bad enough, but then having to wait an entire year for a monetary review, which your lucky if you get more than a 2 percent raise....that really stinks. Promises of advancement seem easily obtainable in orientation but then you realize the people in supervisory roles have been there for years and year and aren't going any where.

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot