The Home Depot

www.homedepot.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

More work, not worth the pay

Former Employee - Merchandiser in San Jose, CA
Former Employee - Merchandiser in San Jose, CA

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

40 hours a week. Sometimes you would work in teams, so I got to meet some interesting people.

Cons

When I first started working I didn't understand what a merchandiser did. After a couple of days I had mastered the job. In this position there wasn't a high chance of being promoted or even getting a raise. I hardly call a $0.23 for working a year a raise. You pretty much did everything store associated did, but more. We restocked, set up displays, clean, and do customer service. All this work starting at 5am, not worth it.

Higher people that can do the job,.

Aug 23, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for the hard work and dedication you provided to The Home Depot. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Although we are unable to comment on your specific experience, we ... More

5730 Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot (View Most Recent)

Tearing down ones integrity

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (more than an year)

Pros

meeting some nice employees
    hours were decent 6-2:30 M-F

Cons

family and core values...way off
    backstabbing,manipulative,gossiping,etc...
    privacy issues were not being honored.

Take the time to re-train individuals about core,and family values,learn respect for peoples integrity,and intelligence,do not tear individuals down,and make them feel targeted,or intimidated,Maybe you won't have such a high turnover rate.There are plenty of highly Intelligent people who work and do not receive the credibility they deserve.

Aug 29, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for your review. “Taking Care of Our People” is one of our core values. We try our best to accommodate our associates’ needs.

Sexually harassed by manager

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone.

Cons

I was sexually harassed by one of the managers at Home Depot as an employee. When I reported it to the Human Resources manager, I was essentially told that I must be imagining it. From that point on, not only did the harassment continue but other managers made my work hours very unpleasant until I quit.

Put into place real protections for your workers.

Aug 20, 2013Client Partner

Respect for All People is one of the core values that guides the Company’s expectations of how associates behave. Home Depot is committed to ensuring that associates work in an environment of mutual ... More

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot