The Home Depot

www.homedepot.com

THE WORST PLACE I HAVE EVER WORKED

Current Employee - Freight Department Employee  in  Bettendorf, IA
Current Employee - Freight Department Employee in Bettendorf, IA

Pros

Associates are friendly, some employees are good to work with.

Cons

The new freight supervisor is quite mean. They were expecting you to stay hours past your scheduled shift. Don't have proper tools or equipment to do job correctly. It is basically a sweat shop in there at night. WORST PLACE I HAVE EVER WORKED IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. The pay is extremely low for what you do. At first I really liked it before they redid the entire packing out process and screwed with it. Now it's an extremely miserable horrible place to work. I did my job and I left. A guy I worked with missed 2 weeks of work without calling in and I miss two days of work total that I called in for because I was sick and that guy almost got his job back but you let me go. I was concerned taking a job in a retail store in the first place because I know they do not care at all about their employee's. NEVER AGAIN. I'm done working with any and all retail stores forever. MANY MANY TIMES I WENT ABOVE AND BEYOND MY JOB AND THIS IS THE THANKS I GET. TAKE A HIKE HOME DEPOT! NOT ONLY DID YOU LOSE AN EMPLOYEE BUT YOU ALSO LOST MY BUSINESS.

GET SOME TOOLS SO I WE CAN DO OUR JOB PROPERLY. I hurt my back at your place, almost ripped fingers out of the socket and screwed my ankle up because you can't keep your work place up to par but I was a good sport about it till now because all you care about is speed not safety although you people do a great job pretending you care.

The Home Depot Response

Aug 23, 2013Client Partner

Respect for All People is one of the core values that guides the Company’s expectations of how associates behave. Home Depot is committed to ensuring that associates work in an environment that’s ... More

Other reviews for The Home Depot

Nonchalant management, unreasonably disrespectful customers, terrible hours

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Cashier in Irving, TX

Pros

Usually awesome staff, slightly above minimum wage pay

Cons

Terrible hours, horrible customers, disrespectful/uncaring management

the hr manager shows up and rearranges the schedules without informing people, the managers don't care about employees being harassed by customers and no matter how many times you report it, they tell you to "flirt back to increase sales" or "stop whining". No matter how many times I informed them of my inability to work certain hours, they wouldn't work with me. Cashiers get blamed for theft no matter what proof says otherwise. Overall a terrible place to work due to the stress they cause.

When your cashiers(whom you claim are important) inform you of sexual harassment from customers, do something about it. Actually care about scheduling; don't have three cashiers and only two closers. Don't promise people promotions or raises when you have no intention of giving them.

More work, not worth the pay

Former Employee - Merchandiser  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in San Jose, CA

Pros

40 hours a week. Sometimes you would work in teams, so I got to meet some interesting people.

Cons

When I first started working I didn't understand what a merchandiser did. After a couple of days I had mastered the job. In this position there wasn't a high chance of being promoted or even getting a raise. I hardly call a $0.23 for working a year a raise. You pretty much did everything store associated did, but more. We restocked, set up displays, clean, and do customer service. All this work starting at 5am, not worth it.

Higher people that can do the job,.

The Home Depot Response

Aug 23, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for the hard work and dedication you provided to The Home Depot. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Although we are unable to comment on your specific experience, we ... More

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot.

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!