There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

THE WORST PLACE I HAVE EVER WORKED

Current Employee - Freight Department Employee in Bettendorf, IA
Current Employee - Freight Department Employee in Bettendorf, IA

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Associates are friendly, some employees are good to work with.

Cons

The new freight supervisor is quite mean. They were expecting you to stay hours past your scheduled shift. Don't have proper tools or equipment to do job correctly. It is basically a sweat shop in there at night. WORST PLACE I HAVE EVER WORKED IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. The pay is extremely low for what you do. At first I really liked it before they redid the entire packing out process and screwed with it. Now it's an extremely miserable horrible place to work. I did my job and I left. A guy I worked with missed 2 weeks of work without calling in and I miss two days of work total that I called in for because I was sick and that guy almost got his job back but you let me go. I was concerned taking a job in a retail store in the first place because I know they do not care at all about their employee's. NEVER AGAIN. I'm done working with any and all retail stores forever. MANY MANY TIMES I WENT ABOVE AND BEYOND MY JOB AND THIS IS THE THANKS I GET. TAKE A HIKE HOME DEPOT! NOT ONLY DID YOU LOSE AN EMPLOYEE BUT YOU ALSO LOST MY BUSINESS.

Advice to Management

GET SOME TOOLS SO I WE CAN DO OUR JOB PROPERLY. I hurt my back at your place, almost ripped fingers out of the socket and screwed my ankle up because you can't keep your work place up to par but I was a good sport about it till now because all you care about is speed not safety although you people do a great job pretending you care.

Aug 23, 2013Client Partner

Respect for All People is one of the core values that guides the Company’s expectations of how associates behave. Home Depot is committed to ensuring that associates work in an environment that’s ... More

reviews filtered by

Sexually harassed by manager

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (more than a year)

Pros

I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone.

Cons

I was sexually harassed by one of the managers at Home Depot as an employee. When I reported it to the Human Resources manager, I was essentially told that I must be imagining it. From that point on, not only did the harassment continue but other managers made my work hours very unpleasant until I quit.

Advice to Management

Put into place real protections for your workers.

Aug 20, 2013Client Partner

Respect for All People is one of the core values that guides the Company’s expectations of how associates behave. Home Depot is committed to ensuring that associates work in an environment of mutual ... More

2. Tearing down ones integrity

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (more than a year)

Pros

meeting some nice employees
    hours were decent 6-2:30 M-F

Cons

family and core values...way off
    backstabbing,manipulative,gossiping,etc...
    privacy issues were not being honored.

Advice to Management

Take the time to re-train individuals about core,and family values,learn respect for peoples integrity,and intelligence,do not tear individuals down,and make them feel targeted,or intimidated,Maybe you won't have such a high turnover rate.There are plenty of highly Intelligent people who work and do not receive the credibility they deserve.

Aug 29, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for your review. “Taking Care of Our People” is one of our core values. We try our best to accommodate our associates’ needs.

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot