The Home Depot

www.homedepot.com
  www.homedepot.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

Do not take a job with Home Depot's At-Home Services Department (RSW)

Current Employee - Sales Consultant
Current Employee - Sales Consultant

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Income POTENTIAL, Store Managers are easy to work with

Cons

100% commission, faulty installations, lots of bad leads, no fuel or car reimbursement, zero incentives for customer to buy from you instead of the next guy.

Get your head out of the sand

5372 Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot (View Most Recent)

THE WORST PLACE I HAVE EVER WORKED

Current Employee - Freight Department Employee in Bettendorf, IA
    Current Employee - Freight Department Employee in Bettendorf, IA

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Associates are friendly, some employees are good to work with.

Cons

The new freight supervisor is quite mean. They were expecting you to stay hours past your scheduled shift. Don't have proper tools or equipment to do job correctly. It is basically a sweat shop in there at night. WORST PLACE I HAVE EVER WORKED IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. The pay is extremely low for what you do. At first I really liked it before they redid the entire packing out process and screwed with it. Now it's an extremely miserable horrible place to work. I did my job and I left. A guy I worked with missed 2 weeks of work without calling in and I miss two days of work total that I called in for because I was sick and that guy almost got his job back but you let me go. I was concerned taking a job in a retail store in the first place because I know they do not care at all about their employee's. NEVER AGAIN. I'm done working with any and all retail stores forever. MANY MANY TIMES I WENT ABOVE AND BEYOND MY JOB AND THIS IS THE THANKS I GET. TAKE A HIKE HOME DEPOT! NOT ONLY DID YOU LOSE AN EMPLOYEE BUT YOU ALSO LOST MY BUSINESS.

GET SOME TOOLS SO I WE CAN DO OUR JOB PROPERLY. I hurt my back at your place, almost ripped fingers out of the socket and screwed my ankle up because you can't keep your work place up to par but I was a good sport about it till now because all you care about is speed not safety although you people do a great job pretending you care.

The Home Depot Response

Aug 23, 2013Client Partner

Respect for All People is one of the core values that guides the Company’s expectations of how associates behave. Home Depot is committed to ensuring that associates work in an environment that’s ... More

Sexually harassed by manager

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone.

Cons

I was sexually harassed by one of the managers at Home Depot as an employee. When I reported it to the Human Resources manager, I was essentially told that I must be imagining it. From that point on, not only did the harassment continue but other managers made my work hours very unpleasant until I quit.

Put into place real protections for your workers.

The Home Depot Response

Aug 20, 2013Client Partner

Respect for All People is one of the core values that guides the Company’s expectations of how associates behave. Home Depot is committed to ensuring that associates work in an environment of mutual ... More

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot