There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

Great benefits but tough work scheduling

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Deerfield Beach, FL
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Deerfield Beach, FL

I worked at The Home Depot full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A very physical atmosphere -- most employees loose weight very quickly from lifting merchandise for customers/walking around the store all day.

The medical benefits were excellent although I believe the current benefits offered are not as good as they used to be years ago.

Cons

Pay was much too low, considering the time in which I'd been employed (over 3 yrs.). Starting pay: $9.50/hr; ending pay: $10.45/hr. (It didn't matter if employees' had a degree or not; pay was still pitiful). Employees scheduled to close one evening at 10 pm or later and open the following morning at 6 am.

Need to hire Managers with some sort of higher educational background. It truly shows in the area of management and direction of employees in all departments. I worked alongside employees who had been with the company for 15+ yrs. -- their pay rate was astounding, considering its a retail-based operation. For those that started with the company in its earliest yrs., they have reaped mega financial benefits; for all others, its a means to an end until something better comes along.

Sep 5, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for your feedback. The Home Depot offers benefits with great coverage and protection for our associates and their families. You can read more about our benefits here ... More

4939 Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot (View Most Recent)

BIM

Current Employee - Branch Installation Manager  in  Cerritos, CA
    Current Employee - Branch Installation Manager in Cerritos, CA

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Reliable paycheck, good benefits, and paid vacation

Cons

24/7 Salaried position which requires you phone always on and charged

Get rid of you Divisional Director

Sep 19, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for sharing your review. We understand that our associates are the key to our success. We pay competitive rates and strive to create an environment where all associates feel they are ... More

Dept Head

Former Employee - Department Head  in  Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Department Head in Alexandria, VA

I worked at The Home Depot full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fun people to work with. Some of the people in upper management will work with you and help teach you.

Cons

Hours suck .. will not set a few good employees with hours that work with them. I had an asso that would close every night 11:00pm or midnight. I had one thst wanted to open 5:00am. One had a morning part time job the other had night school. HR wanted me to change the two around and did not care if it coused then to stop school.

Work with emploees.

Sep 19, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for your review. “Taking Care of Our People” is one of our core values. We try our best to accommodate our associates’ needs.

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!