Assistant Operation Manager

Former Employee - Assistant Operations Manager in Brooklyn Park, MN
Former Employee - Assistant Operations Manager in Brooklyn Park, MN

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Advancement, Training and development, Team Atmosphere, Customer relations.

Cons

Lack of Management training, Employee engagement and training from Store Managers especially to Supervisors.

Advice to Management

Make sure that store level management is very well informed on SOP's and especially when it is to do with customers that are not honest and taking things on how to react or what to do in that situation when there is no Loss prevent Associate in the store. I would also recommend that the Disciplinary actions be reviewed and maybe the lack of knowledge and training might have caused the policy violation and could be fixed instead of losing a good 15 yr loyal employee or Manager.

Sep 6, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share a review. Our associates and managers alike are essential parts of The Home Depot’s network. We appreciate your feedback.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great company for many years to work for but senior management has lost focus on the company's founding values.

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great salary and bonus for salaried managers. Health benefits are good and 401k plan is excellent. Yearly store manager meeting in La's Vegas. The company does encourage community involvement. Homer Fund is a chariatable organization within the company to assist employees in need, such as victims of natural disasters.

Cons

Very little license on creative freedom when it comes to merchandising. Training is subpar for management. District level managers are often detached from the reality of what goes on in stores and set unrealistic time frames for major projects. Decreasing pay and hours for hourly associates makes keeping both morale and retention difficult. Major rollouts of new policies and technology is often rushed by corporate leaving management ill prepared for kinks

Advice to Management

Unfortunately the company is moving towards results at any costs when it comes to salaried management. Look out for yourself first and foremost if you want to survive. Force your district team to give you support by being relentless via email. If you are not vetting responses, cc your regional team. Send out emails of the good things you are doing to regional and divisional team members

Sep 19, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for sharing. An important part of The Home Depot is giving of our time, talent, energy and resources to our community and society.

2. Overall good, but has went downhill recently.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Winder, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Winder, GA

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, and standard compensation. Good training program if you are allowed the time to utilize it. If you like working with people, the customers can be fun and challenging. I loved working for Home Depot until the management changed.

Cons

Retail hours and good ol' boy network. In order to be full time, you have to have open availability, Not just for when the store is open, but even for overnights if required. Not guaranteed time off request even if you have the vacation hours to cover them. Working ALL holidays. Often running into the male dominated attitude in management.

Advice to Management

Educate store managers on inclusion and get rid of the "men are better" attitude. Train all management (SM, ASM, MOD and DH) on people skills and proper ways to correct undesired behaviors in their subordinates. Yelling at employees in front of other employees and/or customers is not good. Nor is assuming that because a customer complained about something that the customer is telling the gospel truth and the associate is lying. (this hasn't happened to me, but I have been the unwilling, embarrassed audience). Improve ways for store associates to let the powers that be know when their store management team is out of line.

Sep 20, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for sharing your review. We understand that our associates are the key to our success. We pay competitive rates and strive to create an environment where all associates feel they are ... More