The Home Depot

www.homedepot.com

Assistant Operation Manager

Former Employee - Assistant Operations Manager  in  Brooklyn Park, MN
Former Employee - Assistant Operations Manager in Brooklyn Park, MN

Pros

Advancement, Training and development, Team Atmosphere, Customer relations.

Cons

Lack of Management training, Employee engagement and training from Store Managers especially to Supervisors.

Make sure that store level management is very well informed on SOP's and especially when it is to do with customers that are not honest and taking things on how to react or what to do in that situation when there is no Loss prevent Associate in the store. I would also recommend that the Disciplinary actions be reviewed and maybe the lack of knowledge and training might have caused the policy violation and could be fixed instead of losing a good 15 yr loyal employee or Manager.

The Home Depot Response

Sep 6, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share a review. Our associates and managers alike are essential parts of The Home Depot’s network. We appreciate your feedback.

Other reviews for The Home Depot

Challenging

Current Employee - Merchandiser  in  Minneapolis, KS
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Minneapolis, KS

Pros

The merchandising execution team position has been a constantly evolving and top-performing introduction to the company over the past few years. Alway busy, never a dull moment. Fun projects. The work we do is apparent and satisfying. Challenging in finding solutions to the problems that arise and can sometimes push to the limits of creative thinking.

Cons

Inconsistently staffed on the floor to help with customer service. Associates constantly disappear while leaving their phones behind. Supervisors spending too much time in the back doing their work and not enough time on the floor assisting associates.

The consistency of direction leaves something to be desired. What is ok one day turns out to be not the next. Need more structured and longer length rollouts of new projects that we take on, and not having the expectation of hitting the ground running with perfection from day one.

The Home Depot Response

Sep 6, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for sharing your review. We understand that our associates are the key to our success. They are encouraged to adopt and adapt good ideas from others, and initiate creative and innovative ... More

Life at Home Depot is difficult, rarely rewarding and difficult to move up in.

Current Employee - Receiving Associate  in  Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Receiving Associate in Fort Wayne, IN

Pros

The associates become like family. We depend on each other constantly. There is profit sharing twice a year. Our store feeds us on every holiday, plus holiday pay. If you work hard, good raises are possible.

Cons

They hire too many seasonal employees in the spring and hours for everyone gets cut... and in the first four months of the year... the hours get cut once again. (except for me, my hours stay the same)

If someone applies for a job position internally, please follow up. Either by interview or verbal reply.

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot.

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!