The Home Depot

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

Good Company

Former Employee - Part Time Cashier in Saint Louis Park, MN
Former Employee - Part Time Cashier in Saint Louis Park, MN

I worked at The Home Depot as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Great supervisors who understand you.

Cons

It can be difficult to stand for several hours on a concrete floor....

The Home Depot Response

Sep 24, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for your review. “Taking Care of Our People” is one of our core values. We try our best to accommodate our associates’ needs.

5369 Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot (View Most Recent)

Not trained properly to perform job and not enough employees to help customers

Former Employee - Hourly Employee in New Albany, IN
    Former Employee - Hourly Employee in New Albany, IN

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Medical and dental insurance were good. The majority of the customers were very nice and friendly people.

Cons

The management at the New Albany, Indiana store was very uneducated and unsupportive. Employee turnover was extremely high, because of the extremely more management of this location. I heard many negative comments from employees about mexicans, hispanics and homosexuals. I have never encountered any comments like these before anywhere I have worked. I have been in the workforce for over 30 years.

I truly don't think upper management cares. With such high turnover of employees it has to be obvious to an idiot that something is wrong.

Worst job experience of my entire career

Former Employee - Sales Specialist
    Former Employee - Sales Specialist

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (less than an year)

Pros

A paycheck. Until they are done with you.

Cons

I was told numerous times by managers to not worry about (IMO) valuable employee/coworkers quitting because in this economy they will get someone else. The company truly does not care who they get in there. They just want a warm body. They will abuse and use and spit you out. This is partially due to the company's very exaggerated use of "Metrics". All they care about is the numbers, truly. Don't take it personal because to them you, and what you do, is just a number and a statistic. Robots would be an alternative but too expensive for them. Human flesh and brain matter is easier to dispose of.
    Like another former employee here, I also was never able to go to church once I started working at HD. I told the hiring manager that my only scheduling requirement would be to be able to go to church every other week with my kids. They said they could do this. Never happened. I am sooo happy to be gone from there.
    They couldn't supply even basic supplies to sales employees such as paper. Everyday we would play musical printers trying to figure out the printers that was working at the moment. Customers would get frustrated because they had to wait for associates to run to the other side of the store to get their order from the one working printer.
    Customers complained they couldn't find help from associates. That's because associates hated working there. They would hide as much as possible.

Ditch the Metrics if you want to survive. Believe or not, utter disregard for human brain capacity and productivity DOES have an affect on your sales.

The Home Depot Response