The Home Depot

www.homedepot.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

Fun job but the pay is bad.

I worked at The Home Depot

Pros

I enjoyed the people that I worked with and helping the customers.

Cons

There isn't very much appreciation on the lower levels for employees. Pay was absolutely not worth it but wasn't bad as a starter job for a student.

Oct 4, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for sharing your review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your employment with The Home Depot.

5982 Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot (View Most Recent)

A good place to working

Current Employee - Merchandising Execution Associate
    Current Employee - Merchandising Execution Associate

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible for part time associates going to school. Most schedulers are willing to work with you. Room for advancement. Online training. Pretty good benefits. The company has good core values and shows it by volunteer work.

Cons

If you get stuck with a poor supervisor, career advancement can be challenging. Poor communication between management and hourly associates.

Oct 9, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for sharing. An important part of The Home Depot is giving of our time, talent, energy and resources to our community and society. We encourage our associates to adopt and adapt good ideas ... More

Lot Attendant

Former Employee - Lot Attendant in Lake Charles, LA
    Former Employee - Lot Attendant in Lake Charles, LA

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, promotion opportunities, benefits, really get to know home construction and repair, which may help you save in your own home.

Cons

When I left, there weren't enough employees in my department, and they weren't hiring more. Also, their standards for "full time" are pretty high - there were some weeks where I was working 39 hours and still was considered part time. (My average was lower, to be fair.) Also, your schedule will fluctuate week to week so it is hard to maintain a regular schedule outside of work, too.

I realize it isn't entirely Home Depot's fault, but try to have enough people on staff rather than loading more work on fewer people. You'll get better quality that way.

Oct 9, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for your review. “Taking Care of Our People” is one of our core values. We try our best to accommodate our associates’ needs.

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot