It's given me opportunity that I never imagined

Current Employee - Manager
Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Lots of great folks to work with and help on a daily basis. You get to really know your customers and treat them like family.

Cons

You never get holidays off, you put in far too many hours in your store and not enough with your family. Work and life balance is difficult.

Take a look at what is asked of your managers. Money is not everything to us. We have lives and we have families that should be higher up on our priority list. Bonuses are nice, don't get me wrong! But the cost we pay for the reward we receive is NOT proportional.

Oct 9, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for your feedback. At The Home Depot, we strive to provide an environment where associates feel they’re valued, treated fairly, and respected. Taking care of our people is one of our core ... More

Other Reviews for The Home Depot

Great job of rebuilding a great company

Current Employee - Apliances Associate  in  Berlin, CT
    Current Employee - Apliances Associate in Berlin, CT

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time for less than a year

Pros

Since the departing of former CEO Bob Nardelli, current CEO Frank Blake has done a great job of rebuilding the company to its former glory, as when Bernie and Arthur ran things. Associates are once again treated like a valuable part of the company's success, and customer service is rated at an all time high. Since returning to the company after a 13 year hiatus, I've discovered an entirely new community worthy of being rated one of the best companies to work for.

Cons

For those of us who are aware of the current corporate control of government, there is a slight conflict within ourselves, but it's minor compared to the pros.

Don't change a thing that you've done here. It makes me proud to be part of the company again.

Oct 15, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share a review. We are happy to hear you are having a positive experience in your first year at The Home Depot.

It was a good job with flexible hours and great coworkers.

Former Employee - Cashier
    Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at The Home Depot part-time for less than a year

Pros

The people that I worked with were really nice, and human resources worked with you in getting you the hours you want.

Cons

Home Depot opens surprisingly early and has quarterly meetings even earlier, and I was forced to start out as the lowest man on the totem pole

Oct 15, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for sharing your review. Our associates are key to our success. We strive to create an environment where all associates feel they are respected, their contributions are valued and they have ... More

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot.

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!