The Home Depot

www.homedepot.com
  www.homedepot.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

A positive experience thus far

Current Employee - Specialist in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at The Home Depot

Pros

There is a lot of opportunity for growth. There is also lots of changes to move to different business units if you get bogged down in one area.

Cons

The benefits are geared toward front-line associates. They are pretty thin for a fortune 500 company. Processes are not refined either as the company grew rather large in a short period of time.

Think strategically rather than tactically. Projects are not given enough time for proper planning and due dilligence. Everything is reactive.

5400 Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot (View Most Recent)

Morale

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Coral Springs, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Coral Springs, FL

I have been working at The Home Depot

Pros

Better than average pay. Good health plan. Has not reduced full time employees hours, Safety rules are generally enforced, Store is kept reasonably clean.

Cons

Morale is very poor. Management contradicts itself regularly. Home office micromanages, and does it poorly. Ordering merchandise is not permitted for most items. Home office uses terrible metrics and useless criteria to order our stock. Out of stock is our general condition.

Consult with employees before initiating new product lines in the stores. In store management needs to be on the same page.

We need new management that knows how to manage

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mankato, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mankato, MN

I have been working at The Home Depot

Pros

The reason I like my job is because of the customers and fellow co workers, they make my job worth while.

Cons

Without having a manager we can trust or someone that would let us speak our mind to without being ganged up on by the managers. We have nobody to address our issues to because the HR that comes to the store is always with the managers and never tries to address our issues. At our store the employees morals are down and it is a negative work environment that is getting worse everyday.

Investigate our store managers, look at our core values and our commitment, if the associates are responsible to following them, how can our managerment get away with it? Investigate the times the managers are scheduled and the time they come to work and leave, make the sallaried managers punch in to keep them on their toes. Fix our HR so we have someone to go to without the fear of being ganged up on by our managers for what we say. PLEASE.

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot