There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

Great team you can be proud of but can lack in benefits

Current Employee - Program Manager in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Program Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's great to work for a company that you can be proud of. The Home Depot supports its people and gives back to the community. Overall it takes pride in the business that it does and shows that support to the people who work there.

Cons

At the corporate office, life can be hectic. With the store open 363 days of the year, the office is pretty much always open. That means vacation days are short and sometimes work/life balance goes out of the window to support running the store. (Sometimes it's understandable and sometimes it's a fire drill for the sake of a fire drill.)

While the stock option plan and profit sharing plan are great, some other benefits could use enhancing.

Oct 18, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for sharing. An important part of The Home Depot is giving of our time, talent, energy and resources to our community and society.

reviews filtered by
  1. great place bto work

I have been working at The Home Depot

Pros

you can work here or alaska , you can go anywhere because of the size of this company. also overseas.etc.

Cons

impersonal also because of the size of this company. different stores have different styles like any large companu, but find one you like.

more accountability to stockholders

Oct 18, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear you are enjoying your employment with The Home Depot.

2. Quick advancement opportunities!

Current Employee - Department Supervisor in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Department Supervisor in Seattle, WA

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Home Depot is a great company to work for if you're looking to move up the corporate ladder. Lots of room for advancement if you're a hard worker.

Cons

The worst part of working at Home Depot has got to be the up and down schedules. Working until 12-1am is ridiculous. A set schedule would be nice, and absolutely doable.

No complaints.

Oct 22, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for your feedback. At The Home Depot, we strive to provide an environment where associates feel they’re valued, treated fairly, and respected. Taking care of our people is one of our core ... More

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot