There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

Great team you can be proud of but can lack in benefits

Current Employee - Program Manager in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Program Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's great to work for a company that you can be proud of. The Home Depot supports its people and gives back to the community. Overall it takes pride in the business that it does and shows that support to the people who work there.

Cons

At the corporate office, life can be hectic. With the store open 363 days of the year, the office is pretty much always open. That means vacation days are short and sometimes work/life balance goes out of the window to support running the store. (Sometimes it's understandable and sometimes it's a fire drill for the sake of a fire drill.)

Advice to Management

While the stock option plan and profit sharing plan are great, some other benefits could use enhancing.

Oct 18, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for sharing. An important part of The Home Depot is giving of our time, talent, energy and resources to our community and society.

Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot

1. great place bto work

Pros

you can work here or alaska , you can go anywhere because of the size of this company. also overseas.etc.

Cons

impersonal also because of the size of this company. different stores have different styles like any large companu, but find one you like.

Advice to Management

more accountability to stockholders

Oct 18, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear you are enjoying your employment with The Home Depot.

Great place to work at with a couple drawbacks.

Current Employee - Flooring Associate in Chicopee, MA
    Current Employee - Flooring Associate in Chicopee, MA

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company, starting pay is better than basic, benefits are good, opportunity to move up is great.

Cons

Morale is sometimes down, pay raises are almost nonexistent, schedule is full flex if you are full time so you will have no time for a life, some associates don't get treated the way they should be.

Advice to Management

Management is good, although it does change way too much.

Oct 11, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for sharing your review. We understand that our associates are the key to our success. We pay competitive rates and strive to create an environment where all associates feel they are ... More