There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

My experience at Home Depot has been very positive. Good company atmosphere.

I have been working at The Home Depot

Pros

Successful company in the home improvement arena. Heavy emphasis on customer service which they excel at. Company has significant employee benefits, part time employees included. Opportunity to advance is very much available.

Cons

Hourly rate of pay could be higher.

The Home Depot Response

Oct 22, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. From the top down, the key to business at The Home Depot is customer service.

reviews filtered by
  1. Cashier

Current Employee - Cashier in Bridgeport, WV
    Current Employee - Cashier in Bridgeport, WV

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (less than a year)

Pros

This is the first place I have seen where cashiers are appreciated for what they do. Their recognition program makes you want to work harder along with going above and beyond.

Cons

The salaries are low and not much for growth unless go straight for management positions. The structure of the management is a little confusing with all the branches and different responsibilities.

Advice to Management

Organization is a key and several stores seem to have it while others do not. I have enjoyed the helpfulness of the management, this has helped me overcome my learning curve and made working as an associate a joy.

The Home Depot Response

Oct 25, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share a review. We are happy to hear you are having a positive experience in your first year at The Home Depot. Keep up the great work!

2. A DM at Home Depot is rewarding but requires a lot of sacrifice

Former Employee - District Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - District Manager in Cleveland, OH

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The stability of the company is great, a super large retailer, and great upper leadership makes for no worries that it will fail. Strong infrastructure that includes better IT than you would expect helps too. Salary can be very large, if the numbers line up at the end of the year.

Cons

With size comes beauracracy, politics, and a lot of policy. Gone are the days of true entrepreneurialism, no more hiring the right people at the right amount - the system will not allow it. Expense management borders on the ridiculous, at times you think it's a third world country.

Advice to Management

Go back and read "Built from Scratch" and get some inspiration before someone else does.

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot