There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

It had its ups and downs

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My co workers are really friendly and a lot of the upper management are too. Its an easy job that pays a little over minimum wage in texas. Hours are also good for part timers

Cons

The people are rude when you don't know where something is even if you are only a cashier. This job is mostly just tools and wood, so if youre looking for a fun job well this can go both ways.

Oct 25, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. From the top down, the key to business at The Home Depot is customer service.

Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot

1. My experience at Home Depot has been very positive. Good company atmosphere.

Pros

Successful company in the home improvement arena. Heavy emphasis on customer service which they excel at. Company has significant employee benefits, part time employees included. Opportunity to advance is very much available.

Cons

Hourly rate of pay could be higher.

Oct 22, 2013 – Client Partner

2. Cashier

Current Employee - Cashier in Bridgeport, WV
    Current Employee - Cashier in Bridgeport, WV

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is the first place I have seen where cashiers are appreciated for what they do. Their recognition program makes you want to work harder along with going above and beyond.

Cons

The salaries are low and not much for growth unless go straight for management positions. The structure of the management is a little confusing with all the branches and different responsibilities.

Advice to Management

Organization is a key and several stores seem to have it while others do not. I have enjoyed the helpfulness of the management, this has helped me overcome my learning curve and made working as an associate a joy.

Oct 25, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share a review. We are happy to hear you are having a positive experience in your first year at The Home Depot. Keep up the great work!